ForumsQuestionsToodledo's abuse of canned responses

Toodledo's abuse of canned responses
eykanal

Posted: Jul 29, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Summary: The use of the canned "Thanks for the suggestion" reply has gotten somewhat out of hand lately.

I just submitted a bug report/feature request, and instead of pointing out that what I was talking about already exists, the support technician just hit the canned "Thanks for the suggestion" button. Only through reading other forum questions did I realize that feature is already (partly) implemented, and that implementation is very well done.

I realize you're very busy, particularly after a major software upgrade. Despite that, if this is the quality of your support, you might as well not respond at all. As a user, I'm no more informed after receiving that response than before. Did you get it? Do you care? Is it actually on the "we'd like to do this" to-do list or on the "perpetually growing and we'll never implement it" to-do list? At the very least, the response should be broken down into "we already do that (link)", "we'll consider it", "we aren't planning on addressing that", and "we'd love to do that". A little honesty and openness would be appreciated.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2011.
Salgud

Great idea! Please increase your repertoire of canned responses, they seem much more sincere when there's five instead of three! ;)
eykanal

Assuming you're being sarcastic, my suggestion is that their canned responses provide some actual information to the person asking the question/providing the feedback. If that involves more responses, yes, that's what I'm suggesting. If you can think of another method that's better, post it!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I have to use canned responses to remain sane and to not wear out my keyboard and fingers. But, I am very careful to make sure that my canned responses are relevant. If it isn't relevant then I type a custom response.

If I said "Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list." then this is the truth and there is nothing else for me to say.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.