ForumsQuestionsFolders in Notebook removed in new design?

Folders in Notebook removed in new design?
michelene

Posted: Jul 31, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
With the new design, it seems I have lost the ability to organize my many notebook items into folders. Is there a setting to allow me to specify a folder for each Notebook item and to display the Notebook items grouped into folders?

If the Folder feature was removed intentionally, it is a huge step backwards in the usability of the Notebook feature.
Mark.M

The Folder feature is still available. You can assign a folder to a new notebook by using a dropdown menun in the upper right area of the notebook edit area.
michelene

Thanks, Mark.M, for the reply. You gave me a clue that helped me figure out what was going on.

The Folder feature was not immediately available to me because I had not selected Folder in Settings under Fields/Functions Used. Once I selected it, my folders appeared in my Notebook again, and I can see that I'm going to like several things about the way the redesign works.

You may be wondering why I had not selected the Folder feature under Fields/Functions Used. That's because I don't use folders for tasks -- I only use them for Notebook. It turns out there was a bug (feature??) in the old design, where Folders would appear in the Notebook even if you had not selected it in Fields/Functions Used. My guess is that this bug was fixed in the redesign, which meant that my folders suddenly seemed to disappear from my Notebook. That's why my original post described such frustration.

It would be nice if I could select a different set of Fields/Functions Used for the Notebook, but now that I understand how the new design works, my Notebook is once again organized into folders and Toodledo is usable for me.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 01, 2011
Yes, this is what happened. We plan to allow folders to be enabled/disabled for task/notebook independently.
Mark.M

Posted: Aug 02, 2011
Not directly related to the subject of this post, but is there any plans to allow for archiving of Notebooks? When I archive a client project in the Task folders, it would be great if the corresponding notes in the notebook (associated with the folder) could be archived as well.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 02, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion about archiving notebooks. This isn't currently possible, but its on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.