ForumsQuestionstask notes

task notes
CharleneTX

Posted: Aug 01, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
How do I insert a tab into task notes? Most software I can use ctrl-I, but that opens the sidebar in Firefox. I tried a workaround of inserting spaces, but those are striped out of the note.

Thanks,
--Charlene

Update: this is also an issue in the notebook.

This message was edited Aug 01, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 01, 2011
I do not know of a way except for maybe copy and paste, but it doesn't matter, because tab characters would not be displayed when viewing the note, only when editing. We plan to add rich-text editing in a future update that would allow for more control over spacing and styling.
CharleneTX

Posted: Aug 02, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
I do not know of a way except for maybe copy and paste, but it doesn't matter, because tab characters would not be displayed when viewing the note, only when editing. We plan to add rich-text editing in a future update that would allow for more control over spacing and styling.

Even being able to insert spaces would help. If I try to space over instead of tab, the spaces show up in the edit window but not in the note display.

I just switched to Toodledo and almost all my notes have indention.

Thanks,
--Charlene
dannyw0011

Rich text editing for task notes and in the notebook would be most appreciated. That is one area that is still clunky compared to the new UI. Looking forward to its future implementation!
rmullins46

I am all for better text editing and formating. Right now I am putting a link to an evernote notebook into the task notes to work around this. This works but you need to be cautious about closing the active task with the link in it because you would loose access to the notebook.
Bram.

Posted: Sep 15, 2011
I concur on the rich text feature for task notes - urgently needed to make this a killer app; the compression of spaces makes this very clunky. My workaround is to use full stops/periods to indent (....) or underscores (____), but it is far from desireable.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.