ForumsQuestionsstatus maybe

status maybe
dsaliamonas

Posted: Jan 09, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I would like to be able to sort tasks by basic actions that I need to take, such as calling on the telephone, emailing, snail-mailing, waiting, etc. This is maybe what status is about, except that none of these actions appear in the status list (with the exception of waiting, which is not really an action!). I know that I could do this with tags, but I would rather be able to customize the status or refer to a dedicated list of actions that I could take. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
David

Or is this what sub-tasks are for?

This message was edited Jan 09, 2009.
KatBoy

David - you could use contexts for this.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, I would suggest using contexts or tags. Toodledo provides 4 columns of user customizable lists (folder, context, goal, tag) so one of those should work.
dsaliamonas

Posted: Jan 11, 2009
Thanks a lot, both of you. I'll probably try using contexts - I thought that I would used it for other things but I haven't been very much. It does seem, however, that this is what status is for. But this can't be customized, because the terms conform to the principles of GTD, is that correct?

David

This message was edited Jan 11, 2009.
KatBoy

Posted: Jan 12, 2009
David - I think contexts used here, ie @phone, @email, etc is how GTD is described in the book. But I'm brand new to all this - just read the book over Christmas and still "gathering and processing my open loops".

Also, my understanding of the book is that nothing is carved in stone and the methodology should be adapted to suit the individual - so do whatever works for you.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.