ForumsQuestionsRecur on first weekday before 32 days

Recur on first weekday before 32 days
regier

Posted: Aug 09, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I have a recurring task that needs to be completed on a weekday, and has to be completed within 32 days of the last time it was completed. Is creating such a recurrence in toodledo possible?

Thanks.

This message was edited Aug 09, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The best you can do is every 28 days by setting the task to be due "every 4 weeks" and then picking a day of the week that is convenient, like monday. It would then repeat always on monday after 28 days each time, which would be within your 32 day window, so I think that would work.
regier

Unfortunately I can't begin the task until 29 days after I last completed the task. Does that make it impossible to use toodledo for this recurring task?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
Toodledo cannot repeat a task every "32 days from completion, rounded down to the earliest weekday"

If you set the task to repeat "every 4 weeks from completion date" then, as long as you complete the task on the day that you do it, it will remain on a weekday and will be 28 days into the future. This will be 1 day earlier that you need it to be, so you can just name the task "Do my task tomorrow". Thats the best that Toodledo can do.
Salgud

Score: 2 Reference
Impossible is a big word.

With things like this, I've done it by creating the first instance,then cloning that one and just changing the due date for the next, and so forth. Tedious, but I do them 6 months or a year in advance, then enter a task at the end to create more going forward.

While it's not top on my list, I would like TD to have better repeating task capabilities. E.g., I have a meeting I attend and do the minutes for on the 3rd Thurs. of each month. I have several activities I do the day after, as the meeting runs to quitting time. But in TD, I can't set a repeat for "one day after the 3rd Thursday" and that's one of the places where I create each individual instance by cloning the previous.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.