ForumsQuestionsFolders: delete vs. archive

Folders: delete vs. archive
jubub

Posted: Jan 12, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
When creating new tasks I´m confronted with a growing list of folders. Reason: I don´t want to delete them, because I´d like to be able to recover things I´ve done. Just archiving isn´t enough: they are still shown on the list. Any suggestions?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 12, 2009
If an archived folder no longer has any active tasks, then it should be hidden from the lists. As long as it has an active task, it will still be displayed.
jubub

Posted: Jan 21, 2009
Finally I managed to test exactly this. I go to "New search" tab and choose "folder" "is" as my search criteria. Then I choose one the existing folders, knowing that this particular folder is done. As a result the tasks within the folder show up - and every task is marked as done. Following your posting there should be no folder nor tasks at all...
gary203

I am a lawyer who uses separate folders to keep track of each of my cases. When a case settles, I'd like to archive its folder rather than delete it, but I don't want active tasks in the archived folder to keep displaying. I just want to be able to open it if needed in the future to see what was and wasn't completed. I'd be surprised if I'm the only one who'd like this functionality. Any suggestions?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
bublitzorama > The behavior you describe seems normal to me. You should still be able to search for and find archived folders and the completed tasks contained within. If you no longer want the tasks or folder, you can delete them.

gary203 > I can see what you want, but that isn't the behavior that Toodledo currently supports. I'll put your idea on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.