ForumsQuestionsTasks for Chains in Goals

Tasks for Chains in Goals
Jonathon.holtz

Posted: Jan 14, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'm reviewing progress on certain goals: both a series of tasks with a common goal, and recurring tasks. I have noticed that most of these recent tasks have not been updated in the goal page (left of page). that is they don't seem to be added to the total count of tasks for that goal nor, are they tracked in the goal chain. I can get the list of tasks for each goal on the goal tab (found at the top of the page)

any idea what is going wrong or how to get these items working again?

Jon.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 14, 2009
If you read the top of the goal page, you'll see where it says that the count is for the number of tasks that you have completed that contribute to that goal, not the number of active tasks for that goal. I think that might be where the confusion is.
Jonathon.holtz

Posted: Jan 15, 2009
not quite... I looked at the completed tasks that have an asscociated goal, and there are more tasks in the list than what appear to register on the goal page. as such the nice feature of chains doesn't seem to track. as mentioned some of these completed tasks were recuring tasks (but not all) and appear in the completed list as seperate items (as expected) but don't register under the goal/chain summary.

(I hope I'm making a bit more sense :))

Jon.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 15, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
We'll look into it and see if there is a bug.

Thanks!
MFA

Posted: Jan 24, 2009
I have the same issue. Number of tasks doesn't correspond to active or to completed tasks. The chain is also inaccurate.

Love the app, changed my life.
Jonathon.holtz

Posted: Jan 27, 2009
I think I have found the origin of the issue. I have been using ToDo on my Iphone. it doesn't support Goals so I when it sends the information back to toodledo that field is blank in the completed task. when I complete a task directly in toodledo the goals feature works. I have just purchased the toodledo Iphone App and it appears the Goal feature works here as well. I will keep an eye on this feature to make sure I'm not missing anything more, but it appears to work now :)

so the only request I have now is to fix the count for completed tasks where goals were updated or changed and so they appear in the chain.

Jon.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 01, 2009
Yes, you are right that ToDo does not support Goals, so that would be the problem. I'm glad you figured it out.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.