ForumsQuestionsSwitching Workspaces in iPad app

Switching Workspaces in iPad app
apuehn

Posted: Aug 31, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
Can I change from my workspace to a shared workspace within the iPad app? It's very inconvenient to have to log in to the website in order to do this.
Purveyor

Score: 0 Reference
Sharing is not available on the iPhone/iPad apps.

This has been a common request and I guess it is somewhere on Toodledo's list of possible changes.
apuehn

Thank you for the response!
Unique Places

Posted: Oct 18, 2011
The iPad app really needs to allow you to see your shared tasks. It is the whole reason I bought the program. I know you an do it from the web, but why not have it work in the iPad/iphone app???
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 20, 2011
This is planned for a future update. It is one of our top requests.
pub

Posted: Nov 10, 2011
When?
This was the whole reason I signed up for the pro version.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 11, 2011
I am sorry, but we do not have an ETA. It is a top 3 request, so it is at the top of our list.
Jarkheh

Posted: Feb 27, 2012
Any news on this?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 27, 2012
Still on the list. Sorry. We are making progress.
ryan.l.king

Posted: Mar 17, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
I'll reiterate what everyone else is saying here. Please add this. It is the only reason I upgraded to Pro.
mahesh.ramamurty

Posted: Mar 19, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
+1 on being able to collaborate via the iPad and iPhone apps. Please add this functionality as soon as possible.
ekherwig

Posted: Apr 07, 2012
Score: 2 Reference
+1 on needing this feature. I upgraded to Pro and spent hours transferring all my tasks from Remember the Milk to Toodledo, only to find that the sharing does not work the way I need it to. This feature worked seamlessly in Remember the Milk. I am sad to say I'm about to switch back to RTM because of this missing feature in Toodledo, which is otherwise the far superior application.

PS - Are you planning to offer an option for users to integrate their workspace with the workspaces of others who are sharing with them (i.e. show folders they own AND folders others own and have shared in one view)? Would be nice.

This message was edited Apr 07, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 07, 2012
We are planning to do both of those things.
Ascbtd

Posted: May 04, 2012
Hi, i just like to support the same petition. At this time i´m makeing use of 2do app and pro account of www.toodledo.com, as soon as this new feature should be available i´m planning to switch to toodledo iPad application. is the only main and most important feature missing.

Cheers
Brian

Posted: May 06, 2012
If sharing is not available on the iPad and a integrated shard view is not created, the incentive to keep a Pro Membership is gone... Need to start looking at other programs if there is no ETA.

Other than that this is the best program on the Market!

This message was edited May 06, 2012.
cnewtonne

Posted: May 21, 2012
I was very disappointed too after purchasing pro to find out that shared tasks can not be seen on iOS devices. Good thing I bought it via PayPay and I have just opened a dispute case asking for a full refund. Projects I work with has 20 mobile users and not being able to share it with them make this app useless for me. What is toodledo thinking?!!!
I really think they have should've CLEARLY listed this limitation in their FAQ pages given how many of us found out that hard way.
I will be more than happy to reconside this app once this feature is introduced.

Thank you.
Purveyor

There have been many users who thought that they could collaborate on iOS devices.

Could be because the main toodledo.com page shows an image of an iPhone and an iPad, and says:
Collaborate. Easily work with other people on shared projects with Toodledo's collaboration tools.

When you click to register, one of the things you see is that Toodledo lets you "Collaborate with other people on projects."

It seems reasonable to assume that sharing applies to the iPhone and iPad app, given that the apps are created by Toodledo. But there is no disclaimer that collaboration is not available on iOS devices.

This message was edited May 21, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This is one of our most common requests and we are indeed working on it. It is not trivial and it is taking longer than we had hoped. Nowhere on this website or in the iTunes description do we say that sharing is available on iOS. In fact, we explicitly say "...additional functionality available only on our website: file attachments, sharing/collaboration..." which seems pretty clear to me that it is only on the website.

I am sorry if you feel that you were misled. We will have sharing support in a future update. In the meantime, I am happy to provide a refund. I could have given you a refund right now, but since you have already opened a dispute with PayPal, we will have to allow that process to complete, which takes several weeks. It is always better to ask a retailer for a refund directly, because they can handle it faster than going through your payment provider.
Purveyor

Posted: May 22, 2012
Jake, this is not the first time that users have been misled about sharing on the iPhone.

From July 2011:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/10539/-54695/read.html

From May 2010:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/6731/-35279/read.html

From July 2010:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/6205/-45525/read.html

Again, take a look at the main page at toodledo.com.
The third point is: "Go Anywhere. Get Toodledo on your mobile phone, in your email, on your calendar, integrated directly into your web browser, and more."
The fourth point is: "Collaborate. Easily work with other people on shared projects with Toodledo's collaboration tools."

It is reasonable to assume that the fourth point is related to the third, and, given the fact that Toodledo has a mobile app, it is reasonable to assume that the mobile app offers collaboration.

In the description in the App Store, the reference to sharing/collaboration is buried in a list of features. It is not presented as a disclaimer. If you want to be explicit, say: Sharing/collaboration is not available in the iOS app.

This message was edited May 22, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 22, 2012
We have updated our iOS app description to include:

"Some functionality on Toodledo.com is not yet supported in the app. For example: Sharing and file attachments. We are working hard to bring these things (and more) to the app in future free updates. "

This message was edited May 22, 2012.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.