ForumsQuestionsWhich iPhone app?

Which iPhone app?
Scott Florack

Posted: Jan 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'm new to Toodledo, but love the potential that exists.

I'm also new to the iPhone, and want an application that syncs with Toodledo. I've noticed that there are at least two that do this -- Toodledo (designed by you folks?) and Todo by Appligo.

Is there a major difference between the two? Which one should I get?

Many thanks for the suggestions!
krowland

Posted: Jan 18, 2009
I've used both and found that for me the Appigo app ToDo had a greater ease of use and feature set. Both work well though with Toodledo. Work with both and see what fits your needs the best.
davidholliday

Posted: Jan 18, 2009
I have both and use the Toodledo one.

As it happens I prefer everything about the Appigo one other than the fact it doesn't work with sub-tasks at all. Because I have a lot of projects with much the same tasks (we have a wedding photography business so each event has the same steps) my to-do list is a mess in Appigo. Everytime they bring out a new version I check for sub-task support, but it is just never there.

Toodledo is not as pretty and more difficult to read (for me anyway) but it is the winner in functionality.

Both are really good apps - you can't go wrong with either (unless you need those sub-tasks of course!)

This message was edited Jan 18, 2009.
davek

Posted: Jan 19, 2009
I have the toodledo app, and find it works for me on my iPod Touch...

The one thing (that I know of now) that I wish it would do that it doesn't do, is support landscape mode. I like the larger keyboard.

If I knew if the Appigo app did it, I might migrate over to it.
melchizW

I have both and prefer the toodledo app , but I'm also anxiously awaiting a new app called " pocket informant " that I used in my windows mobile days . It's supposed to be released at the end of the month

the task manager part is reportedly going to sync with toodledo as an option .. no affiliation with the developer just a very satisfied customer over the years .
frossie

I use the toodledo app because

1. It is cheaper

2. I'd rather give my money to the toodledo folks, since they work so hard on improving their service

3. I am a huge user of sub-tasks

If you use Notes, Appigo notebook works well, it is cheaper than their todo app, and there is no alternative, AFAIK.
davidholliday

Posted by melchiz1:
I have both and prefer the toodledo app , but I'm also anxiously awaiting a new app called " pocket informant " that I used in my windows mobile days . It's supposed to be released at the end of the month

the task manager part is reportedly going to sync with toodledo as an option .. no affiliation with the developer just a very satisfied customer over the years .

I'm also waiting on Pocket Informant. I've been a fan for years and the fact the iPhone version will sync with Toodledo is a nice bonus.

Posted by frossie:

If you use Notes, Appigo notebook works well, it is cheaper than their todo app, and there is no alternative, AFAIK.

Agree, the Appigo Notebook app is really good - one of my most used apps. Syncs perfectly with Toodledo notes.
Claudio

Features that the Toodledo app has that are not in Appigo Todo:

Subtasks
Star, Length, Goal, Start Date.
Choose which fields to display, and the order of the fields
Views based on Due Date, Priorities, Tags, Status, and Recent.
The same terminology as the Web app for Folders, Hotlist, and No Folder, which are called Lists, Focus, and Inbox in Todo.
Priorities are the same as Web app (Top, High, Medium, Low, Negative), compared to High, Med, Low in Todo.
Due Date has options: Due by, Due On, Due After, Optionally On
Can hide or show Negative Priority, Future Tasks, Deferred Tasks
Automatic sync is faster and less intrusive than Todo.
Many more choices for the Application Badge.
Easier way to sort tasks.

Features that Appigo Todo has that are not in the Toodledo app:

Nicer interface (in my opinion)
When opening App, it starts at the screen that was open when you exited the App.
Filter by any combination of Folder, Context and Tags (with the ability to filter by more than one Tag.)
Choose from a list of Tags when creating or editing a Task.
Sync from any screen.
List of tasks indicates which tasks are repeating.
Can to copy from Todo to Notebook and vice versa.
Can display Completed tasks as Strikeout (with many choices for displaying Strikeout).
Choices on how long to display Completed tasks, from one day to one year, or All.
Choices on which Lists (Folders) to display. (Useful if you use different Folders for Tasks and Notebook.)
davek

Posted: Jan 20, 2009
Posted by frossie:

2. I'd rather give my money to the toodledo folks, since they work so hard on improving their service

I'd agree with that.

Yup, Notebook is a must-have for me.
Scott Florack

Posted: Jan 29, 2009
Great! Thanks for all of the advice. Now just need a client for my Blackberry.. ;)
Michael Carnell

Posted: Jan 31, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I have to tell you, I prefer Ultimate ToDos. Seems to do everything well, syncs up fast, and at the moment at least it is free. It was a paid app, but they lowered the price to free! Can't beat that....
Anders

Posted: Mar 10, 2009
I am also a fan of Ultimate Todos. It is no longer free, but is currently on sale for a buck. I have tried Appigo Todo, and it is all flash and no bang in my opinion. The Toodledo app looks good and I may try it especially for the sub-task support, but I am really waiting on Pocket Informant like many others. FYI, there is a new kid on the block called Task PRO by AlifSoft which downloads tasks from Toodledo, but they promise 2-way sync is on the way, and it supports subtasking which only the Toodledo app currently has, and I believe PI will not have when released.
Aamy

Posted: May 25, 2009
[Deleted for cross posting in over a dozen topics. Please stay on topic and don't spam.]

This message was edited May 25, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.