ForumsQuestionsStart Search With Existing Filters

Start Search With Existing Filters
MikeKDidIt

Posted: Jan 18, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Use case
1) I am working on my "To Dos" using these filters: View by Status (Active tab) and Filter = Context ( @Home), and I need to go use the Multi-Edit feature.
2) I click Search (doesn't matter if you click View By Search or if you click QuickSearch/AdvancedSearch).
3) The "New Search" window displays with no search criteria specified. This annoys me every time I am using Search as a way to get to Multi-Edit.
4) Enhancement request: I'd like the search window to start with the filters that were in place when I clicked Search. In my example above, this means Search will default to have Status=Active and Context=@Home selected.

Rationale: 95% of the time that I invoke Search/Multi-edit it is to make changes spotted while viewing To-Do's. When I do this, the first thing I have to do is configure Search to replicate the view I came from. From there I click multi-edit and make my change, or apply an additional filter prior to going to multi-edit. This wastes time.

Alternative enhancement idea: Add a Multi-Edit link to the View By options, and only do what I suggested when clicking Multi-Edit. That way pure-search users can retain existing behaviour.

Thanks!

This message was edited Jan 18, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 18, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion.
vegheadjones

Posted: Jan 19, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
+1!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.