ForumsQuestionsHow to set up priorities

How to set up priorities
metcalew

Posted: Jan 20, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I have just signed up to use Toodledo and I'm very pleased, but I have a question. I need to sort my activities by due date and then by priority. However, when I set up my materials to sort in this fashion, it doesn't work entirely. My tasks are indeed arranged first by date, but within each date category low priority items often appear before top or high priority items. Within each due date I need to have y items arranged in a prioritized fashion with the top priority coming first. How can I fix this?
Thank you!
melchizW

do you have due times assigned to any of those items in addition to the date ?
metcalew

Yes I do have due times assigned to some of the items. I would prefer that the items with times show up at the top of my list since they are most important to me and thus have the highest priorities, but it is the items without times that show up at the top of the list - even though the items without times have a lower priority.

Thank you for replying to my query!
melchizW

there was a recent change made that forces " sort by due date " to obey due times also .. it's pretty common for items with [no] "whatever factor" to sort to the top .

I'd also prefer they sort to the bottom , but they do sort of stick out and say " when? " to me ; ) I usually just push them to the time I'm leaving work or the time I end my day for personal stuff .
metcalew

Thank you! I feel the same way you do, but, like you, I'm sure I can adapt. Thanks again!
metcalew

Interestingly enough, when I look at my calendar I notice that the items without times (which show up at the top of my lists in the To-Do List) show up at the bottom....where I prefer them to be...oh well.....
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 21, 2009
Thanks for letting us know about this. I'll log this to look into.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.