ForumsQuestionsadding tasks using twitter interface cause many duplicates

adding tasks using twitter interface cause many duplicates
reckoner

Posted: Oct 01, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
When I add tasks using the twitter interface, the added task is repeated hundreds of times. I have been using the twitter interface for about a year with no problem. Something must've changed on the toodledo side.

help!
jeff.kowalski

Posted: Oct 01, 2011
I'm seeing the same behavior here, since yesterday.
Deleting the message in twitter stops the redundant entries. It's almost as if Toodledo doesn't notice it's already read a tweet, and keeps re-reading it over and over, creating new tasks.
reckoner

Posted: Oct 02, 2011
Jeff,

Thanks! I removed the message from twitter and it has stopped flooding my task list. Hopefully, they will fix this soon. I really use the twitter interface.
kralon20

Posted: Oct 03, 2011
I'm having the same issue. I have deleted these messages in Twitter. I have so many duplicate tasks for one task, however, the script hangs up every time I try to edit multiple so I can delete. I might have to wipe the slate clean and start over with my account. Fortunately I back up weekly and last week used the XML back up.
kralon20

Posted: Oct 03, 2011
Just got everything cleaned up. Had to delete all tasks and import XML in three separate uploads, as the files were too large due to duplication tasks. 3.5 hours later, I'm back to where I started. Hoping I can email directly to Toodledo using my phone. Works for other emails.
jDog

Posted: Oct 04, 2011
Still a big issue for those of us using the Twitter interface to create tasks. :(

Help, please.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 04, 2011
I am sorry for this problem. What happened is that Twitter changed the way that they identify tweets to us, so that we were unable to record that a tweet was successfully processed. This resulted in the same tweet being processed repeatedly. We have already fixed this problem so that it will not cause more duplicates.

We have not removed any duplicate tasks from your accounts yet because we didn't want to interfere with efforts that you might have already taken to remove the duplicates. Here is what you can do to get rid of the duplicates quickly.

Go into the advanced search page and do a search with these two rules:

1) Via Twitter
2) Added in the last 3 days

This will display all the tasks that were added via twitter recently. If there are only a few duplicates, you can delete them by hand. If there are many, you can use the multi-edit tool on this page to delete them all in one step. Note that this will delete all of them, so you will want to make a note of the unique tasks on a piece of paper so that you can re-add one copy of the task when you are done. I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. It should only take a few minutes to clean up your account. If you need any assistance please don't hesitate to ask via a support ticket.
reckoner

Posted: Oct 07, 2011
I tested this. It now works as expected.

Thanks for all the great info.
jDog

Posted: Oct 14, 2011
thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.