ForumsQuestionsMysterious tags

Mysterious tags
Purveyor

Posted: Oct 03, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
When I am adding a task, I have several Tags showing up in the list of Tags but I can't find any tasks that have those tags.

I've tried finding them with a custom Search and they don't show up. (I used a Search with only one criterion: Tag is not "blank".)

Where are the tasks with those tags?

Also, am I right that Toodledo has no provision for deleting Tags from the Tag list other than to delete the tasks that have those Tags?

This message was edited Oct 03, 2011.
Salgud

Score: 0 Reference
I've noticed that sometimes the tags "hang around" for a while after I delete that tag from all tasks.

Yes, you are right, there is no provision for deleting tags other than deleting the tasks that have them or deleting the tag from all tasks.
Purveyor

Thanks.
I did delete the tasks today so I'll see what happens over the next few days.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 04, 2011
There are some situations where a tag can hang around incorrectly even when not tasks have that tag. We are looking into this issue. In the meantime, we have a cleanup program that runs once a day to remove these stray tags, so if you wait 24 hours they should be gone.

It would be helpful if you could let us know how you deleted the tags. Did you remove the tags from the tasks, or did you complete or delete the tasks? Did you use the multi-edit tool, or edit them one-by one? Did you do this via a 3rd party app, or this website?
bhaubeck

Posted: Oct 10, 2011
in my case i still see 3 not used tags (i have not used them for several weeks) only in my android - app "ultimate to do list". i cannot see them on the webpage but it is very annoying that the app still knows of them. should i ask the developer of the android app or is this somewhat related to the problem that is described in this threat?
(and maybe this is a little help for fixing this issue... )

thanks for the service!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 10, 2011
If the tags only appear in the android app, then it is a problem for that company to resolve. Please contact them.
Gerhard Sommer

Posted: Dec 18, 2011
I also have tags, which are not used in any task. When I select that tag, I see that 3 tasks are hidden. Clicking "Turn off filters" does not show any task. Also, when I fetch all tasks with TaskUnifier, there are no tags shown in this client.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 18, 2011
In some cases, the tag list can show old tags, but this should be cleaned up each night. We are working on making this happen less often.
harold_1328973708

Posted: Dec 21, 2011
It would be nice for us to have the ability to manually edit and delete tags (with an option to either keep or delete the tasks associated with them).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 21, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
Linda M

Posted: Jan 05, 2012
I don't see 'tags' in the list of criteria available when searching. I see contexts, dates, 'via', and so forth. No mention of tags. What am I missing?
PeterW 

Posted by Linda M:
I don't see 'tags' in the list of criteria available when searching. I see contexts, dates, 'via', and so forth. No mention of tags. What am I missing?

If the Tag field is turned on in your account settings, then it should be displayed as a search criteria. Maybe you are not using this field?
Linda M

As far as I can remember, I had used tags earlier this year (around July and August) and I still had some tasks which had tags associated with them.

But now, I don't see tags at all in the ToodleDo web interface. I had used them at one point when I first started using ToodleDo, but I'd stopped using the ToodleDo web site and android app altogether for a while.

What with New Year's resolutions and all that - to get more organized, etc., and so...

When I came back to ToodleDo earlier this week, I didn't see any tags anywhere anymore in the web interface, even though I believe I have some tasks which still have tags on them. It was a while ago - did I actually remove the tags from my tags and I've forgotten I did so?

I do see them in DGT GTD android app. In fact, in the DGT app, tags are on the same level of importance as contexts, for example. I.e. icon to filter by tags is just as easy to use as the icon to filter by contexts.

Has the main ToodleDo website gotten rid of tags, and DGT GTD android app hasn't caught up yet?

thanks,
Linda
JPR

Score: 1 Reference
@Linda

You probably need to activate the tag field.

Settings > Tasks > Fields/Functions Used > Edit
Linda M

Yup, that was it. THANK YOU!

Posted by JPR:
@Linda

You probably need to activate the tag field.

Settings > Tasks > Fields/Functions Used > Edit
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.