ForumsQuestionsWeekly Planner - a question

Weekly Planner - a question
Eitan_d

Posted: Oct 03, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I'm an ex RTM user. I'm learning to enjoy TD.

I was wondering how it's best, in your exprience, to make a weekly schedule (weekly planner), so that each day has several planned tasks pre-scheduled.

BTW: I try not to use "fake" due dates, unless my task has a real due date.

Thanks for replying

This message was edited Oct 03, 2011.
alexandremrj_2

Hi,

that is a hard one. Are those planned tasks repeated from one week to the next? If yes then you can choose to repeat them weekly from the completion date - this way you don't have a due date but they appear a week after you complete them.
Folke X

Eitan,

I am not even sure what you mean. You say you do not use "fake" due date - I appreciate that, neither do I - but I do not understand what you mean by schedule unless it is made up of "fake" time slots for the respective tasks. Could you please explain.

Personally, I do not even try to make a schedule. Everything is in a big queue, and I promote things manually to a higher "Status" (I am using the Status field for this manual promotion). I also use due dates, but only "real" ones.

If I want to look ahead one week I currently use a saved search that I have called "Now / 1W" which includes everything that is due the next week, plus anything that has certain other combinations of stars, statuses and priorities. That gives me an overall picture of what I should expect to do, but it does not give an exact date for the dateless tasks.
Eitan_d

Posted: Oct 04, 2011
Thanks for your reply.
I'll try to further explain.
Lets assume Im working on 5 different big projects a month.
Each project has many tasks to accomplish.
All projects shoul be accomplished by the end of the month.
Now, At the begining of each week, I wish to schedule different specufic tasks.

Mon - 3 tasks in project 1 + 2 tasks in project 2 etc
Tue - 2 tasks on project 3 + 1 task on project 2 etc
Wed - 2 tasks on project 4 + 3 tasks pn project 5
Thu -
Etc
I wonder how could this be accomplished on TD

The tasks are not usually repeating themselves

A big queue is not effective when planning big projects. I should plan in advance in order to complete the projecs on time

I hope Im more clear now about my question
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.