ForumsQuestionsre-sort or remove completed tasks from Folder

re-sort or remove completed tasks from Folder
castilloincb

Posted: Oct 11, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
When I check a completed task, I'd like to have it be removed from my Folder list, but I have to open another folder and then return to the original Folder to make this happen. This is very anoying. Is there some way to make this happen automatically when I mark the task as completed?

Likewise with changing a due date on a task - to get it re-sorted into the proper place, I have to go to another Folder and then return to the original folder. Isn't there a better way to do this?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
To refresh the list, you can just click the "Tasks" tab at the top of the page, or press the "r" key if you have keyboard shortcuts enabled.
Salgud

You can also refresh by clicking on the view you're already in in the Navigator panel.
sfeige

Posted: Oct 13, 2011
Nevertheless, this is the first thing really striking me when comparing to the competition: Why dont' you have at least an option to automatically refresh the list e.g. when adding or re-priotizing a task? Doing it manually every time you add or re-priotize a task to see the actual list is quite stupid.

Thanks for an otherwise great application!
Salgud

Posted: Oct 13, 2011
Actually, it's very smart. Otherwise, it won't reset! :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 14, 2011
If the list immediately refreshed after editing a task, then the task would jump away and you wouldn't be able to make any other changes to that task without scrolling and finding it again. I think it would be jarring to have the list constantly reordering itself while I am going down the list updating tasks. We prefer to allow people to edit data in place, so everything remains in context and you can then refresh manually whenever you need to. If you need to refresh the list after each edit that you make, try turning on keyboard shortcuts and press the "r" key frequently.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.