ForumsQuestionsMacro in Outlook that will let me save straight to Toodledo (wit

Macro in Outlook that will let me save straight to Toodledo (wit
Kurt

Posted: Jan 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi there,

I've looked at the Toodledo Outlook Sync Tool, and it seems to work well. However, I want to avoid Outlook task management completely and just use Toodledo.

I'm wondering if anyone has developed an Outlook macro that will let me click a button to save an email directly to Toodledo as a new task. Or, if anyone has any pointers to get me started, I would appreciate that, too.

I'm looking for something just like the Firefox button that allows you to Toodledo something on a page or an entire page.

Thanks!
Claudio

Hi Kurt.

You can add a task by sending an email to a special email address.

Check out the info here: http://www.toodledo.com/import.php

And, here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php
Kurt

Thanks Claudio.

I was looking for something a bit more automated. But, I can use your suggestion to create a little macro in Outlook to forward an email to Toodledo. Nice and simple.

Thanks for your suggestion!
Kurt
sventhebrit

Kurt,

There is already a Macro which does this, but unfortunately each time I post the link it gets corrupted. Search for Mark Grimes in the forum and it comes up.

It works reasonably well -- although I too fancied something more automated.

I created a Outlook Form and Macro that runs within Outlook. If you select a mailnote and then click on the macro button, it pops up a form very similar to the Firefox "add task form". You can then pre-fill in various fields - Next Action, folder, status, context, tag, days to remind, etc - and it creates the task in Outlook for you. You can then use the outlook sync tool to sync with the main website -- it creates fields called tdcontext and tdtag, so it interfaces quite well with Toodledo.

It was my first attempt at a Outlook Custom Form and Macro -- I pulled lots of code from the web and patched it all together, but I can share the code if anyone is interested (I also need to work out how to share the form)

Thanks
Steve

This message was edited Jan 23, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.