ForumsQuestionsSiri and Toodledo

Siri and Toodledo
jesse.perkins

Posted: Apr 20, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I tested this one out by composing a new iMessage and instead of a phone number, put in my wife's email address. She got the email just fine. In other words, you don't have to do anything special except address an iMessage to an email address.

However, for some reason Toodledo will not add tasks if they are sent via email+iMessage. Perhaps it is because the emails have no subject but only have bodies? If so, couldn't toodledo read the body instead of the subject for its instructions?

Posted by Salgud:
Posted by jesse.perkins:
Or if only the emails from iMessage worked

Didn't know you could send emails via iMessage. How do you do that?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We will look into making our Siri support better.
jesse.perkins

Fantastic! Thanks for the quick reply.
lite1

Posted: May 02, 2012
Being using Siri in simplistic way for several weeks to add tasks, but when Toodledo gets a 4S and actually does some testing you will probably find out that dictating a task with the required special characters, e.g.

Finish the Report ! #next friday *ProjectA @work $Active ~1hour

Is a bit of a challenge for Siri. I am not suggesting changing what special characters are needed, but simply not requiring that each chunk of data be separated by a space. At least for me it'd be much easier to dictate a continuous string of characters and text, AND actually have Siri get it right.

Nonetheless, this is a bit of frosting on the cake. If it works then one does not have to edit the task once it is seen in TD. That'd be a time saver, and I evaluate the value of TD in part on the time that it saves me, plus many other factors.
sangahm

Posted: Aug 28, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
We will look into making our Siri support better.

Any update on the better Siri integration?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 28, 2012
Apple needs to provide access to Siri, which they have not yet done. With iOS6 (coming out someday), they have provided access to the Reminders app data, which gives us a conduit to Siri. We are exploring this as a solution.

You can also do this: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=135
kq6ra

Posted: Oct 30, 2012
I tried to follow the directions at ttp://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=135

But I don;t see those options. Is this only for iOS 6?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 31, 2012
Yes, this is only for iOS 6.
kq6ra

Is there any way to do this on 5.1.1?
DSM_2

The problem with the reminder API is that, once the reminders are sucked into Toodledo and deleted from the Reminders list, you can no longer ask Siri to "show me tomorrow's reminders" while you're in the car. Since Toodledo doesn't update Reminders, not deleting the reminder just gets confusing.

Is the reminder API one way? Could you mark a new task in Toodledo as connected to a reminder so that updates in either will update both?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It would be nice to do this in iOS 5.1.1, but this is not supported by Apple.

Two-way syncing is possible, and we may support this in a future update.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.