ForumsQuestionsPlugin warning and I'm stumped

Plugin warning and I'm stumped
harleyxlc

Posted: Oct 25, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I am getting the plugin warning on my browser at home. And it is making all of the icons (the ones to complete, add sub-tasks, delete, etc) invisible and not work. I did not actively install anything and it just started yesterday. I was assuming a plugin updated automatically.

Firefox 7.01. I have the same version at work and do not have the same problem. I went and disabled ALL plugins and extensions and still have the problem.

I don't know what step to take next.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The plugin warning wouldn't make the icons invisible. In fact, its the other way around. The icons being invisible would cause the plugin warning because it is detecting that something isn't right. There must be something configured in your web browser that is preventing the icons from loading. This could be a plugin, or it could be a setting on your firewall.
harleyxlc

Thanks for the reply. What is odd is I don't recall doing anything. It worked in the morning and not in the evening.

I'll compare the browser settings to the ones at work (same version and Toodledo works).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It could be a plugin that got updated, or it could be a plugin that wasn't activated.
harleyxlc

They are both running 7.0.1, but the one that works has a 9/30/11 security update and the one that doesn't work has a 9/29 update, but nothing for 9/30. All other browser settings are the same.

An inactive plugin could do this, too? Definitely different plugins as one is home and one is work.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I am sorry, but I don't know what is causing the problem for you since I cant see what plugins you have, or what your other settings are. All I know is that the plugin warning that we display will only be displayed if the page has been altered by some external source. It could be a plugin, or a virus checker, or even a virus.
harleyxlc

I understand. I thought perhaps AVG, as this has a plugin that was just updated. I completely removed, no change.
PeterW 

Maybe try this to troubleshoot your problem:
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe%20Mode
harleyxlc

Thanks. Starting in safe mode (no add-ons) didn't make a difference. Still no icons.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 26, 2011
It sounds like it might be your firewall filters or your browser cache.
harleyxlc

Posted: Oct 26, 2011
Clearing the browser cache did it!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.