ForumsQuestionsBlackberry Browser Settings

Blackberry Browser Settings
Jeremy

Posted: Jan 26, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Can someone please post the settings that they have their blackberry browser set at for best Toodledo performance. Preferably for the Blackberry Curve 8320.

I'm trying to make the best of the browser experience.

Thanks
Jeremy

Posted: Jan 28, 2009
bump
Sylvia

Posted: Jan 29, 2009
I'll be getting a Blackberry Curve 8320 very soon; hoping to find ToodleDo works well with it! =)
gda

Posted: Mar 16, 2009
have you find a solution to work with toodledo and blackberry ? i'm very interested on this subject.
ericyber

Posted: Aug 04, 2009
I use the Blackberry Bold with a recent OS version.

Unfortunately I cannot use the "slim" version. Somehow the BB browser is not compatible, or has someone been able to do this?
When I select a menu option, it does not react.

I come from Remember the Milk, and really want to use Toodledo.

If this issue is handled, I will become a "Pro Plus".
Please help
Anders

I think some people have had luck using alternative browsers, but there is also a new BB app that syncs with Toodledo that was recently released by a third party developer: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/2602/0/taskjot-for-blackberry-released-made-for-toodledo.html
ericyber

I just tried a different browser (Opera Mini) but again to no avail.
Are you sure that Toodledo programmed the "slim" page correctly?

Opera Mini is normally quite correct? What is missing / why does it not work?
Anders

Score: 1 Reference
The Slim site, though simpler than the main website, still uses a lot of fancy technology. It does not work with all mobile browsers. There are a handful of mobile browsers that I know of which work well with Slim, and unfortunately none of them are available on BB. You might try the HTML-only site: http://www.toodledo.com/html
Anders

BTW, I know that Skyfire is working on a Blackberry version of their mobile browser. Skyfire has some security issues, but they are the same as Opera Mini. Skyfire works fine with Toodledo on WM, and it should be exactly the same for BB since the real work is done on the server side. So there is hope.
ericyber

Posted: Aug 05, 2009
Just to let you know...I also tried the Bolt browser. Here things work a bit better. However, there are stil glitches. After selecting a menu item, it brings me to the correct menu. But it seems impossible to go back.

Bolt is a browser which works similar to Skyfire.
Anders

Posted: Aug 05, 2009
Yes, Opera Mini works like Skyfire also, but Skyfire is far more powerful. It does JavaScript, Ajax, desktop Flash, even Silverlight, and just about everything else. I have been reading up, and the BB community seems to be hotly anticipating its release which was unfortunately delayed by someone leaking the test version.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.