ForumsQuestionsWhat happens if...

What happens if...
KLSiegel320

Posted: Nov 10, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
...you choose "optionally on" the due date, for a task that does not repeat? I know that for a repeater, it's a way to "auto-forward" the task to the next iteration.

It *appears* that for a non-repeating task, it causes the task to be deleted! I had several items on my task list that are intended to sort of float from day to day until I get to them; they're low priority, mostly, or else semi-dependent on circumstances beyond my control. I set them yesterday to be "optionally" due yesterday - and today I cannot find them anywhere.

Just checking if that is intended behavior, or an oops.
PeterW 

Yes, it's working as advertised.

From the Help system:

Optionally on:
You can also designate a task as optional (abbreviated with a "?"). This acts like "=", but if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed, or moved forward if it is a repeating task.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
An optional task that has no repeat will be deleted.

This is useful for something that is irrelevant after the date passes. For example "Author book reading at the library". After the date passes, Toodledo will get rid of it automatically since it has no relevance after that date.
KLSiegel320

Posted: Nov 11, 2011
Thanks! Now for the next question - to which I'm afraid I already know the answer...there's no way to retrieve those removed tasks, is there? There's no archived version anywhere?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
In your account settings, there is a "recently deleted tasks" list that will show them, but there is no undelete option right now.
KLSiegel320

Perfect - it was just in the past couple days I was trying this out, so the things that went missing were all still there. And now I know - it's actually quite handy in a different way than I thought.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.