ForumsQuestionsiphone sync error

iphone sync error
doc

Posted: Jan 28, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I am trying to sync my iphone with toodledo. I am using my "unique ID" and password, but get a message the id and password are not correct.

I turned off my firewall and my antivirus, and I checked the username and password quite a few times.

I was successful in getting Toodledo to sync with MS outlook, and it is surprising to me, the above should be simpler than that sync (which was pretty easy). Any ideas on what I am missing?
Claudio

Use your login email not your unique ID.
doc

thanks!
Bernard.Sufrin

Posted by Claudio:
Use your login email not your unique ID.

I had the same problem as doc; used my login email, and
STILL get the iphone message saying my name/password are not correct.

Any more ideas?

Bernard
Bernard.Sufrin

Posted: Jan 30, 2009
This problem now solved. The Iphone tool works very well, as does the regular site login in genera from my various browsers. This is a wonderful todo manager!

But I am now having trouble logging in to the Firefox TOOL.
It consistently complains (from the settings window) that
my login / password is incorrect even though I set the email address and password in the settings box to exactly those I use to login to the site from the browser (ie not the tool) successfully. Password and email are shown correctly (and identically) as properties of the chrome://toodledo and http://www.toodledo.com URLs in the firefox password manager.

The password has punctuation in it. Could this be related to an earlier bug with \ appearing in passwords?

Bernard
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 02, 2009
I thought I just answered this question, but maybe I forgot to press send. It could be a punctuation problem in Firefox with passwords. If you could let us know which punctuation mark it is rejecting, we'll get that fixed.

Thanks
Amavida

Posted: Feb 06, 2009
I just created a new toodledo account on the web site.
I can login & out of the website using my login email & password no problem.

The iPhone app gives an error message "Invalid username or Password".
Yes I triple checked the login email & password.

Its a bug in the iPhone app?

My login email contains "+" as an anti spam measure.
e.g. [email protected]

Could this be the problem?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 06, 2009
It could be a bug. It's simple enough to test, just change your email and try to login in again and see if it works. Also, make sure that you are using the latest version of our iPhone app (1.4.1) because there was a bug we fixed a few version ago that might have caused this problem. Let us know what you find.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.