ForumsQuestionsList of List? Best Practice, daily Itinerary?

List of List? Best Practice, daily Itinerary?
bigbytetech

Posted: Nov 24, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I a big fan of GTD and Toodledo. I have all my task in here. Today I found myself needing to go to several places and I have one or more task assigned for each one. I have many places to visit and take care of this task.

I was thinking How can I use toodledo to show me all the places I have to go today and then what to do at each. What I to do when I get to a location is not an issue as I assign the task a location and use Ultimate To-Do-List for Android.

There must be an efficient way to do this and I know some of you guys are experts at this. What might me a best practice for this to help avoid doing duplicate information and wasting unnecessary time.

I could see me wanting to use this process often in other ways as well similar to how you would set up an itinerary.
Salgud

Posted: Nov 28, 2011
The most obvious solution is to create an ad-hoc multiple location search, something like:

|Checked off|no
and
|Location|is|123 John Wayne Gaycey St
or
|Location|is|456 Kavorkian Ave
or

That would give you your list for that set of locations.

Of course, if you often travel to a certain series of the same locations, you could make a Saved Search for that scenario.
MM1772

Posted: Nov 28, 2011
I don't know if this is efficient or not, but I have a folder called Errands. As I think of something, I create a task in that folder. If it needs to be done by a certain time, I give it a date; if not, I create the task with no date.

Anytime I'm doing errands, I look at all the other tasks in that folder to see if I can do any at the same time.

It's mostly a manual method, but it works fairly well for me.
bottomley.cs

Posted: Dec 04, 2011
I don't use the Locations field myself, but my usual method for making a daily list is to go into the Due Date View, slap stars on the things I intend to get done today, and then number them and view the Starred view sorted alphabetically for the rest of the day. It seems to me it should be pretty easy, if you're using the Locations field already, to make up your list similarly and just refer to your Locations when numbering things.
mco

Posted: Dec 04, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Salgud:
The most obvious solution is to create an ad-hoc multiple location search, something like:

|Checked off|no
and
|Location|is|123 John Wayne Gaycey St
or
|Location|is|456 Kavorkian Ave

Glad I don't live in your town...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.