ForumsQuestionsCentralized place for future development

Centralized place for future development
ProBC

Posted: Dec 06, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Where can i find, or is there a centralized list of your future development improvements? I am fairly new to the platform, and it seems all of the short comings I run into have been posted over and over again in the forums here (some from a year or more ago) with no sign of it ever being completed.

You really need to have a public list that brings together all of the suggestions for improvement with status's on each item so that users can see what is coming, and at the very least be able to see what has already been suggested.

Please consider this.
Purveyor

This sounds like a really good idea, but I'm pretty sure what the answer will be ...
:(
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Salgud

I think it's a great idea for those who want TD's competitors to have a significant advantage.
ProBC

Posted: Dec 07, 2011
Yeah I would have to agree with the competitors bit. I suppose so long as suggestions and new features are actually developed and released in a timely fashion it wont matter anyways. I am new here, so time will tell.

A couple of the short-comings I have found so far have been suggested or discussed here in the forums a long time ago, leaving me to believe that they are not taken too seriously or certainly have a really low priority.

I love the TD product so far, but with a few more enhancements it would be rock solid for my own purposes.

1) multiple notes per task time-stamped per user, a single textarea entry is not sufficient as offers no trackability back to the submitter of the note. If note details are created by one collaborator, they should not be editable/deletable by another, etc.
2) an indicator on the task summary lists for newly created notes and total notes per task
3) color coding options for folders (tried the user styles thing using Stylish in chrome, not a reliable method and all the styles i tried had various display issues of some sort)
4) Better timer options. Would be nice to be able to create companies, then associate folders/tasks to a company, and when time is tracked there could be reports run to show the amount of time billable for each company with an option to mark task items as invoiced for historical purposes. Using toggl.com right now for this for $5.00 per month, I'd gladly pay this $5.00 per month to TD if the features were there.
5) collaborators is nice, however a consolidated task view would be even better. Seems to be inconvenient to have to keep switches Workspaces between my own tasks, and any shared task lists.
6) option to change the logo in the upper left from the default TD logo, to my own. (again, without having to use the userstyles thing.)

Most likely a number of my suggestions here have been submitted before, but without performing many searches to hunt them down, and without a centralized list, it's hard to know.

Anyways, here hoping/praying these ideas get implemented to any degree some day! :)
JPR

I've been around long enough to recognize that the feature set and flexibility of TD attracts a big variety of user setups, which results in an even bigger list of user requests. Looking at ProBC's requests, I see only one item (#3) which interests me, and even that would be far down on my "nice-to-have" list. In fact, #1 & #2 could make TD worse for me, depending how they were implemented.... not meaning to bash ProBC here, only pointing out everybody has different priorities.

At the July '11 redesign, to their credit, TD published a summary of what drove the major design decisions, and it was clear they were driven, in large part, by the data of how people were using the site.

So my advice is: Work with (and around) the TD you have today. Submit feature requests via the official channels, and hope for the best.
ProBC

I certainly agree that everyone has their personal tastes in functionality and how to manage their individual systems which makes it difficult to cater to everyone. Determining the proper balance between features to add that benefit everyone as a whole, and those that only benefit a small segment of users has got to be tough.

I have to admit that I am fairly new to using Saas systems, particularly in a paid model like this. I am just finding that although it would be nice to have a single platform that just does everything i need instead of using multiple different systems to get things done (toodledo, toggl, google apps, evernote, freshbooks, etc.) will likely never happen unless I were to employ a team to build it (which also wont happen).

Moving forward, I will continue to submit ideas as they come to me, and will make due with what I have available to me now. The TD system is truly one of the better all-around solutions that I have found at the moment.
Salgud

Score: 1 Reference
@JPR - Good point.

@ProBC - Like JPR, your list of priorities is nothing like mine. None of yours are on my list, and if I were to show mine, you'd probably say the same. It's just that there are so many of us using this tool in so many ways. TD's amazing flexibility is also the cause for the over 1600 items (the last time I remember seeing them post it) on TD's task list. That's a lot of items to do. I don't know how they prioritize, but I do know that the requests I see most frequently here are the enhancements I see coming from TD. They listen, which is more than some developers of task management software do. I know they're doing their best, and that's all I ask.
ProBC

Yes I would love to see a list of past suggestions just to see what others are wanting. Don't get me wrong, the TD system is awesome and does work very good all things considered. I am really new to it and am just starting to dream up these ideas of my own that would assist in my daily task management, which are probably trivial to most.

I plan to spend more time snooping through the forum here to learn more about the system as well, because there are lots of features that take a bit to discover.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Our top 5 requests from users in no particular order.

1) Android app
2) Collaboration in iOS app
3) Saved searches and file attachments in iOS app
4) Improved collaboration with support for shared folders/tasks
5) Improved integration with Google (Calendar, Tasks, Gmail)

I am not making any commitments. Just saying that we get these requests many times per day.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.