ForumsQuestionsSearch for a word in Notes

Search for a word in Notes
LGS

Posted: Dec 07, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Can search be jiggered to also look in within notes to find a particular word? Looks like it only can look in the title of the task. True? Outlooks finds words in the notes of each of the tasks and it would be good if Toodledo does also.

This message was edited Dec 07, 2011.
darkroom-devil

Posted: Dec 08, 2011
click on all tasks and then user the browser search to jump to note?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 08, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
The above suggestion works, as does using the advanced search page. We plan to make the quick search search in the title and note in a future update.
ryaske

Posted: Apr 22, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
>We plan to make the quick search search in the title and note in a future update.

These two work arounds work, but i would love to see quick search also search the NOTES by default (even if not expanded).

It would save me a bunch of clicks every day, and also allow me to easily see how many notes fit the description that are hidden due to CURRENT filters (which neither work around can do).

Quick search is quick for a reason and these work arounds are not as quick. Especially because I must "know" that a workaround will be necessary to use in order to find the task. if I forget, the task(s) dont exist.

I would love to be able to "dumb" that down by having quick search search notes. I dont want to think about my system, I just want to use it quickly and smoothly!!

Thank you for the consideration on this feature.

WORKAROUNDS:

- click show all tasks, then click to expand all notes, then use CTRL F

- use advanced search, choose notes in dropdown,
Salgud

Posted: Apr 23, 2012
I have a different workaround, though it still takes some effort. I have a saved search called "TaskTagNote", which has 4 criteria:

Checked Off - No
Task contains - =
Tag contains - =
Note contains - =

When I want to search for a word, I open this search, click Modify Search and replace the "=" with the search term, then do my search.

Having a universal search that includes notes would definitely be better.

This message was edited Apr 23, 2012.
JPR

Posted: Apr 23, 2012
The new mobile site searches task title and notes by default. I bookmarked the "All Tasks" page and search from there.

http://m.toodledo.com/#l_all
AntonieSmith

Posted: Jul 29, 2012
Posted by JPR:
The new mobile site searches task title and notes by default. I bookmarked the "All Tasks" page and search from there.

http://m.toodledo.com/#l_all

Happy to read of the Mobile site, did not know about it. For some reason though, it takes very long to open/display content (main site is open though?)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 29, 2012
It has to sync everything the first time. If you have lots of tasks, it could be a little slow. We are working on performance improvements.
rdd

Posted: Dec 11, 2012
Posted by Jake:
The above suggestion works, as does using the advanced search page. We plan to make the quick search search in the title and note in a future update.

I noticed that the much-discussed new version of the iphone app already has a quick-search that actually searches in titles and notes. I love it! When will this be also available on the website?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 11, 2012
It is a little more challenging to do on the website, but we are looking into it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.