ForumsQuestionsChange Completed Date?

Change Completed Date?
colinmbuckley

Posted: Apr 17, 2008
Score: 2 Reference
Is it possible to manually adjust the completed date? Right now, "Completed Date" is really "Checked Off Date". If I come into the office one morning and realize I didn't check off some tasks that were actually completed the day before, it would be inappropriate to show the task as being done today.

I guess for some users this would be a non-issue, but for those of us that need historical records of work completed or that rely on the "Statistics" function in Toodledo for guidance, inaccurate completion dates can be a pain.

Hopefully, I've merely overlooked this ability.

Thanks for your insight and recommendations!

C
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 17, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
The completed date is currently read-only. We are thinking about ways to make this editable.

Thanks
Qrystal

Posted: Apr 23, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I'm looking forward to this ability! Glad to see it's being considered!
brucerothwell

Posted: May 12, 2008
Hey Toodledo folks... I also asked for this, a month or two ago. What would work for me is this: instead of applying a check box, which in turn applies the CURRENT date (and time?), use a calendar tool and let the user specify the date (and time?).

-
Bruce
tarch

I too am looking forward to this ability. It is critical in my time tracking. Thanks.
Mark

I 2nd (or is it 3rd) this!
I forget to check off tasks til the next day and on repeating tasks this tends to mess things up.
colinmbuckley

Posted: May 13, 2008
I wonder if having the recent addition of "Start Date" fresh in the minds of the Toodledo developers would make it easier to quickly make this adjustment as well.
RTCreager

Posted: Jan 10, 2009
Greetings! A reminder regarding completed date: when will the ability to select a date be implemented? As noted by others, this is an important capability for tracking when tasks are completed. I suggest that both the checkbox and the field be available for editing, with the date field being field when the checkbox is checked, and with the checkbox being checked with a date is manually entered into the field? Also, please change the import processes so that completed date is recognized, instead of being overwritten with current date. Thank you!

This message was edited Jan 10, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 10, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
mccicc

Posted: Feb 17, 2009
I know others have weighed in on this issue, but I'd like to add my vote for the ability to change the completed date through the web interface (even if it is something you can edit on the Completed tab, it would be better than nothing!). I have found the program's ability to generate with little muss and fuss my weekly activity report for work, which has really helped my boss know how much I do week-in and week-out! And, then the addition of the iPhone app came at the perfect time. Thank you, Toodledo!
mccicc

Posted: Apr 30, 2009
Any chance that this ability to edit the "completed" date will be made possible soon? It makes it much easier to generate my activity report more accurately. I did notice that this wasn't on the "top requests" list in the Forum. Is there enough interest? I would think so...
thpope

Posted: May 01, 2009
Very interested in this also.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 01, 2009
It's on our list but we don't have a release date that we can comment on.
Alisa

Posted: May 09, 2009
I'm adding my vote for this feature as well. I have tons of activities that I would like to track an accurate completion date on and like many I am not always good at checking off my tasks in a timely manner.

For example - I had a death in my family recently and maintaining my online to do list was the last thing on my mind. I resorted to a manual list to organize myself. Now that things have settled down I would like to update my ToodleDo list with some of the activities that took place but without an accurate completion date there is no historical value to the data.

What are people doing as an alternative for this feature? Adding the actual date in a note?

Thanks!
rav

Posted: Jul 14, 2009
I'm also interested in this feature. The goal feature is pretty much worthless if you can't edit the complete date.
ktchua

Posted: Nov 06, 2009
I also like to have this feature. As I'm tracking goal chain and it misses out if I forgot to check off one day.
jrallen.ak

Posted: Feb 07, 2010
Adding my vote to this request please - it would make a huge difference to usability for me. Thanks!
Alan

Posted: Feb 08, 2010
I would like to see this feature added as well. This thread shows that it's been on your list for almost two years now.
PeterW 

+1 :)
awgxu

I strong request Toodledo to open the capability for us to edit the Complete Date of the task completed in old days. I imported my tasks from Outlook which have been recorded for years but ended up with all being marked as completed on the day I imported them!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.