ForumsQuestionsSuggestion, please, to use tasks as events?

Suggestion, please, to use tasks as events?
lawlist

Posted: Dec 10, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I am wondering whether there is a reliable system to use tasks as events for appointments, and tasks as regular tasks also? The problem will be when there are multiple tasks all appearing on the same day, and I will want to separate them easily so that I don't miss an appointment or a deadline. Has anyone successfully used a similar system for business with multiple appointments and deadlines on the same day?

These must all be read / write.

This message was edited Dec 10, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 10, 2011
I do this all the time. If you give a task a due-date and a due-time, you can then set reminders for all your appointments.
lawlist

Posted: Dec 11, 2011
I need a system to visually separate these when looking at the listing -- e.g., the tasks (treated as events) have a different color (perhaps red) and are at the top of the list -- first by date / time, then by priority, then by title. Then underneath the tasks (treated as events) the regular list of tasks (with a 12:00 a.m. due time / date) -- also organized first by date / time, then by priority, then by title. Perhaps assigning events a context which is different than tasks? Some reliable way to see the events at the top and tasks underneath.

This message was edited Dec 11, 2011.
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 11, 2011
I've used an application in the past named "Taskline". It's an Outlook add-in that turns tasks into calendar events. So this would be a non-toodledo solution and not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but you end up with both calendar events and tasks on your Outlook calendar.
http://www.taskline.com/

Also just found this similar app: http://www.tasktocal.com/
Folke X

Posted: Dec 12, 2011
@keith

You can enable GCal integration for Toodledo - one-way, from Toodledo to Gcal (see help section). Then you can have all your "timed" Toodledo tasks show up as events in a separate Google calendar with a its own color. I tried this, and it works perfectly (except there can be a bit of delay until they show up in GCal).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.