ForumsQuestionsDon't show future task after checking off repeated task?

Don't show future task after checking off repeated task?
hm

Posted: Dec 14, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
Is there a way to not show the future task that gets created when I check off a repeated task in the hotlist? It's very confusing that after checking off a task it reappears but with a date in the future.
Once I close the hotlist and open it again the task is not shown anymore. I would prefer it never got shown.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can use filters to hide them.
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=77
hm

The filters are set up and the tasks don't show once I open the hotlist and open it again. They only show immediately after checking them off. Just to be clear: After checking off a repeated task I see the completed task (that's OK) and the next occurrence of the task (this one is in the future and I don't want to see it in the hotlist). Does this make sense?

I forgot to add: this is on the iPhone. Sorry for neglecting this fact!

This message was edited Dec 14, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Oh, the iPhone. That changes things.

When you check off any repeating task on the iPhone it will show the next version. This is so you can edit it if you want. As soon as you refresh the list, it will go away.
hm

I find that very confusing and it's easy to check off the next version too. Especially if the task is repeated from due date where it could actually make sense to check off several of them to catch up.

It would be great if there was at least a setting to hide the next version if the date is in the future.
hm

Posted: Dec 15, 2011
Or maybe if they disappeared after a few seconds.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We plan to make this behavior optional in a future update.
hm

Thank you!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.