ForumsQuestionsSub tasks hiding

Sub tasks hiding
Salgud

Posted: Dec 27, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I can't figure out why some of my subtasks are hidden when I select the "Show, Indented" option.

I have a Saved Search that filters for tasks with Status "Next Action" and some date criteria. It used to, I believe, show indented tasks with that met the filter criteria and showed the parent task even if it didn't. That was what I wanted. But now, it shows the Parent task, even when it doesn't meet the criteria, but hides the subtask unless I select "Show, Inline".

The filter criteria are:
|Checked Off|no|
and
|Status|is|Next Action|
and
|Due Date|is before|tomorrow
or
|Start Date|is before|tomorrow
or
|Due Date|doesn't exist|

The parent task, which has a Status of "Active" and a Due Date of Dec. 15, shows with "Show, Indented" selected, but the subtask, with a Due Date of Today and a Status of "Next Action", does not, unless I click on the tripod icon next to the parent task or select "Show, Inline".

Anybody have any ideas why it's behaving this way?
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 27, 2011
@Salgud,

I'm not sure but it's possibly your settings, i.e:

-Indented mode hides loose subtasks.
-Indented mode shows loose subtasks. (recommended)
-Indented mode shows all subtasks nested, even if the parent shouldn't be visible.

Which one is checked?
Salgud

Posted: Dec 29, 2011
I have the third one selected, "Indented mode shows all subtasks nested..."
PeterW 

I think that's your answer to this:
But now, it shows the Parent task, even when it doesn't meet the criteria, but hides the subtask unless I select "Show, Inline".

Try the second option. This is what I use so sub-tasks will display when they are meant to, and you won't see a parent task unless it meets the criteria. You can always click on the tripod icon to display the parent when you need to.
Salgud

Thanks for the reply. Right now, I don't see any instances of the problem I was seeing a couple of days ago. I'll wait until I do, then try your suggestion. I think it should work with the current setting though. It should show the Parent task as well, which is what I wanted, and what it was doing. Don't know what has changed, but it isn't that setting. It's been that way for a long time.

Have a Happy New Year!
PeterW 

Yes, it should show both the parent and subtask but I don't know why it's not. I use the other setting because I'd prefer to just see the subtask.

Hope you have a great new year too.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.