ForumsQuestionsOnly start a task after another task has been completed?

Only start a task after another task has been completed?
andy_pfeiffer

Posted: Dec 27, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Hi Toodledo,

Just wondering if there's any way of connecting two tasks, somehow, such that the start date of the second task is the date that the first task is completed.

Basically, let's say I have a task that involves buying something online, but i need to transfer money to my currently empty bank account first. It wouldn't make sense to show the task "buy online" before the task "transfer money" is completed.

Is there a way to do this without manually setting the due date for the duration task and the start date for the second task the same? Say, if the first task has no due date, but it's just something I want to do when I get around to it?

Thankyou!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 28, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but it is on our to-do list. However, we can't comment on a timeframe for implementation.

Thanks
Salgud

Posted: Dec 29, 2011
Posted by andy_pfeiffer:
Hi Toodledo,

Just wondering if there's any way of connecting two tasks, somehow, such that the start date of the second task is the date that the first task is completed.

Basically, let's say I have a task that involves buying something online, but i need to transfer money to my currently empty bank account first. It wouldn't make sense to show the task "buy online" before the task "transfer money" is completed.

Is there a way to do this without manually setting the due date for the duration task and the start date for the second task the same? Say, if the first task has no due date, but it's just something I want to do when I get around to it?

Thankyou!

If you search the forums for "task dependency" or just "dependencies", or "sequential tasks", you'll find a lot of requests for this feature. I'm hoping to see it sometime soon.
DanHogan95

Posted: Jan 19, 2012
Is there an update on where this feature sits in the queue of new features? If nothing more, I'd like to see a new field that would just change the task name and push it forward some fixed number of days whenever the user clicked done.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.