ForumsQuestionsWhat are notebooks and how are they used?

What are notebooks and how are they used?
greginfla_

Posted: Dec 28, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I have been using toodledo for a while now, and never used notebooks. I search the forums on the topic but most post dealt with a specfic issue.

My question is more of an overview question, what are notebooks and how are they used? And does evernote supplement or replace the need for notebooks?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 28, 2011
Our notebook section is a place to record any information that you may have that isn't a task. For example, I keep track of gifts that I have given and gifts that I have received from people.
Salgud

Posted: Dec 29, 2011
Posted by greginfla:
I have been using toodledo for a while now, and never used notebooks. I search the forums on the topic but most post dealt with a specfic issue.

My question is more of an overview question, what are notebooks and how are they used? And does evernote supplement or replace the need for notebooks?

I don't see TD notes as replacements for EN notes for two reasons:
1) EN notes are more powerful and can contain graphics and links, and more.
2) I've been using EN for 7 years, and have a lot of notes I don't want to have to move

So I use TD notes for more transient information, and EN for stuff I think I'll want for a while. Once a week, I meet with my boss to discuss my work, and I keep a list of items I need to discuss with him to take with me. I keep that in a TD note, where it's easy and quick to access, because TD is open all day every day on my desktop. Before the meeting, I copy and paste the TD note into an email and send it to my phone to take to the meeting. After the meeting, I copy and paste the TD note to EN so I have a record of it for a while. These eventually get deleted. (My boss has yet to ask me, "What did we discuss in our meeting 2 years ago?")

Of course, it's up to you. Some prefer to have all their notes in one place, others, like me, find a use for both. It's nice to have both options.

This message was edited Dec 29, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.