ForumsQuestionsVPN suddenly blocking ToodleDo access?

VPN suddenly blocking ToodleDo access?
mlb32704

Posted: Jan 04, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Years of issue free use of the ToodleDo Web interface on all of my computers just further backs up the fact that there is NOTHING like ToodleDo. Love it, can't imagine personal or business life without it.

Of course, my company is conspiring against my attempts to keep organized on their behalf. All of a sudden, since yesterday (first day back in the new work year), it appears as though VPN is blocking ToodleDo somehow or someway. I get the left side navigation menus and top buttons, but the content in the middle doesn't load up. Takes forever and then I get the following message:

Network Error (tcp_error)
A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Of course when I disconnect from VPN, the problem goes away. So it's either the corporate VPN police have decided that ToodleDo is a risky site, or ToodleDo has done something to itself to make it not play nice with VPN, or both. Either way, I need to resolve this, and fast.

This is a MAJOR problem for me. I can't keep connecting/disconnecting from VPN on my work computer all day long just to update/access ToodleDo. Is my recourse through my company, or has something changed on ToodleDo's end that makes it not play nice with VPN?

Please let me know who I get to scream at on this one :)

Thanks.

UPDATE 1-5-12 -- a reboot and selection of a different VPN server seems to have resolved the issue. Go figure.

This message was edited Jan 05, 2012.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.