ForumsQuestionsManaging time with toodledo

Managing time with toodledo
erodrig411

Posted: Jan 07, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I have in the past used the time estimates to identify if I am able to finish all the work I have decided to complete in the current day. (I subtract meeting time from available time to perform the work, then confirm the estimated time for the tasks is within the time I have available out of meetings to perform the work.)

This has worked well, but I am looking to be able to quickly determine the amount of work I am estimating for the rest of the week (or even for the next few days.)

Does anyone have a way to do this (using folders, categories, due date, etc.) Just checking to see if anyone has done this in the past before creating a new approach.

My goal is to be able to avoid overcommitting in a week.
swehr10

I just loaded this app. I want to use for both iPhone and IPad. I have a simple question. Once I add a note or task on the iPad, how long does it take to sync this info to my iPhone? Do I need to do something to see what I added on my iPad on my iPhone.
TheOne

Posted by erodrig411:
I have in the past used the time estimates to identify if I am able to finish all the work I have decided to complete in the current day. (I subtract meeting time from available time to perform the work, then confirm the estimated time for the tasks is within the time I have available out of meetings to perform the work.)

This has worked well, but I am looking to be able to quickly determine the amount of work I am estimating for the rest of the week (or even for the next few days.)

Does anyone have a way to do this (using folders, categories, due date, etc.) Just checking to see if anyone has done this in the past before creating a new approach.

My goal is to be able to avoid overcommitting in a week.

Yes you can with
a) estimated time for a task in length column
b) with timer in next column
c) with advanced search criteria

eg.
Below you can find my filter for task in pipeline for to day (not check as done and due date is not tomorrow)

check of - no (not done
and
due date /is before/ tomorrow
and (different stages of processing)
{
status is / next action
or
status is / active
or
status is / planning
}

On top of it you can go to
http://www.toodledo.com/tools/scheduler.php

'edit due typos

This message was edited Jan 07, 2012.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.