ForumsQuestionsSnooze Function - New Thread

Snooze Function - New Thread
neilatl

Posted: Jan 09, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
I know that Apple had to make updates with their alarm fucntion in order to provide a "snooze" feature in ToodleDo. Has the alarm functionality in OS5 improved? I am not an app developer, so I am unable to answer this question.
Salgud

Score: 1 Reference
There is a "Snooze" function in an app I use called "Alarmed", so I know it's now possible.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
Apple allows an alarm to have 2 buttons. One for canceling and another that launches the app. This button can be named anything, including "Snooze" but all it does is launch the app. The apps that support "snoozing" simply wait for the app to load and then present you with a button to snooze the alarm. Toodledo could do this, but we are more than just an alarm app. The most likely scenario for us is that someone wants to view the details of the task, not snooze the alarm, so we don't bombard people with a snooze window when launching the app.

But don't despair! Its really quite easy to "snooze" a Toodledo alarm. All you need to do is press the button on the alarm to view the task (same as you would if we named the button "snooze"). Then when the app launches, tap on the "Alarm" field and select a shorter duration.

Hope that helps
roses

Posted: Jan 14, 2012
Hi Toodledo Admin,

Your explanation does make sense and I agree that in most cases that would work fine. I'm wondering how this would work if the due date/time are already in the past.

Here's my scenario: It's 9:55 and I'm driving home from an appointment. I have a task scheduled for 10:00 with an alarm set for 5 minutes before. I won't be home for 30 minutes, so I'd like to set the alarm to snooze for 35 minutes which is 30 minutes after the due time. And remember that in this scenario I'm driving. So snoozing needs to be something that I can do quickly, when I'm stopped of course.

I currently use ToDoMartix and it offers a very nice way to snooze. Unfortunately, there are other things I don't like about that app so I'm looking for a replacement. I was hoping ToodleDo would be the one to move to so I can end my long quest for a replacement.
TowardVictory

Posted: Jun 06, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
Look, it would not be hard to implement snooze within Apples constraints. Just have an optional snooze setting on a task, that turns on snooze and lets you say how long (and it should allow minutes as well as hours or days). Then when you press the button going to task, there should be a single button pair -- they could be small if brightly colored -- to either snooze, setting off the alarm again after the specified interval (from current time, not due time) or dismiss, terminating the snooze. Granted, it's 2 clicks instead of one, but that would become automatic vary quickly.

For some tasks (taking your insulin) and some people (e.g. those of us with ADHD) there is really no substitute for something like this. I used Toodledo for two months last year, and I'd come back in a flash if it had this feature. But I can not live without it -- literally, in my case.

This message was edited Jun 06, 2012.
kevin

Posted: Jul 19, 2012
Another user who could really appreciate the snooze feature. My reminders go off but if I'm in the middle of something I often forget to go back and do it. I love Toodledo but am considering switching without this. I would even be willing to pay extra for the Pro subscription if that was an included feature. Alarmed has great use of the snooze feature and also the ability to have alarms "nag" over and over until the task is completed or cleared out.
Master Brian

Posted: Jul 25, 2012
I would also be interested in a snooze function. However, not necessarily for myself. I really would like to share/collaborate tasks with my wife, but she won't use anything that won't let her snooze her reminders until she can get to them. She currently uses NotifyMe, which has this function. A snooze function would allow her to use ToodleDo.
scott

Posted: Jan 03, 2013
Hi, I have been a long time Pro Subscriber and iPhone app user. I also hope that a snooze function is on the horizon. Has there been any update to this in the past year?

Thx
Scott
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 03, 2013
A Snooze function is on our to-do list but I do not have an ETA at this time.
devin.bailly

Posted: Jun 10, 2013
I am another iOS user who is deeply disappointed by the lack of snooze feature. I used to use GTD DGT on android and it was very flexible. I think there were 4 buttons when the alarm went off - snooze (with choice of snooze duration), mark complete, cancel, and edit. Perfect! I understand the constraints of iOS may limit this amount of flexibility, but this app is a great model to aspire toward. The current reminder implementation is the absolute weak link in an otherwise great app. Please put this at the top of the project backlog!
Ben

Posted: Jul 05, 2013
+1 for snooze.

Do you keep a list of future features that we can up-vote?

I'd also love to have the option for an alarm that doesn't stop sounding until I press a button, for high priority "must do now" things. But that's a slightly different topic.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.