ForumsQuestionsNew list of tasks

New list of tasks
sktnggtr

Posted: Jan 24, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Good evening. I am currently using this app mainly for my daily tasks, which I have quite a large amount. What I need to know is if there is a way for me to create a new "list" of tasks. I have things I need to complete on a daily basis but I need to have a new list created of things I need to do on a weekly basis. The weekly list is a cleaning list and the items on this list can be completed any time during that week. I just need to have these tasks in a separate list. Is there a way for me to do this? Does this make sense?
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 24, 2012
You could probably use folders to keep your daily and weekly lists separate.
saskia.x

Posted: Jan 26, 2012
It sounds like your task list is still relatively simple, so I would agree with Peter that folders might be the best way to create a "separate list". However, if you're already using folders for something else there are a number of other ways you could make these tasks display as a separate list, like using "daily" & "weekly" tags, for example, and then viewing by tag to see each list separately. If you want to get a bit "fancy" you could use saved searches, one finding all "daily" tasks and one finding all "weekly" tasks, and then view your tasks via these saved searches.

One of the strengths of Toodledo is that there is often multiple ways to achieve essentially the same thing, so do whatever seems to make sense given the way you work, and how you see your task list developing.
Salgud

Posted: Jan 26, 2012
More to show you how many options you have than as the solution, you could also use Contexts. Though this is not the intended purpose, so what? If you're not already using it, and don't see any need for it, it would work fine. Lots of options w/ TD.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.