ForumsQuestionsAssign a task to multiple folders or contexts

Assign a task to multiple folders or contexts
robmutsaars

Posted: Jan 25, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I use folders and contexts to allocate my tasks to specific areas/projects of my work. Eg area 'Finance' and area 'Compliancy' - i obviously can allocate tasks to these specific areas. But sometimes i need to allocate a task to more than one area (eg because it both belongs to 'finance' and to 'compliancy')
Is that possible ?
Purveyor

It is not possible to allocate a Toodledo task to more than one Folder, Context or Location.
A task can have more than one Tag.
PeterW 

I found using folders for different parts of my work just introduced unnecessary barriers, so I got rid of them.
saskia.x

Posted: Jan 26, 2012
I wouldn't use folders for this kind of thing, I'd definitely use tags as they have a lot more flexibility. My folders are very broad categories that have little overlap, each covers a particular area of focus in my life rather than relating to nitty-gritty details. Folders can be a really useful way to keep things like "home" & "work" tasks separate, for instance, but they're not so helpful for more detailed subcategories of types of tasks since the blurring between categories becomes more pronounced at that level.
robmutsaars

Posted: Jan 26, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for your suggestion - it makes definitely sense to start using tags for this purpose. Only thing is that i do sync all my Toodledo tasks to Outlook and the sync tool is only able to sync either folders or contexts to Outlook categories, but it does not sync tags. So by switching to tags i loose the Outlook category in my tasks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.