ForumsQuestionsPro Plus Vs. Pro

Pro Plus Vs. Pro
Andrew A

Posted: Feb 19, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I know this must have been answered, but the forum search is a tad anemic... go ahead, search for pro plus... (nothing comes back) pro plus subscription brings up "subscription" for the most part (pro and plus are stop words methinks)

Anyway...

Are the only real differences between pro and pro plus the file uploads and the infinite retention of completed tasks? (due for another renewal soon, and just evaluating. Currently Pro Plus, but pretty much use evernote and google docs as tickler file and file storage).

Thanks!

This message was edited Feb 19, 2012.
Purveyor

Posted: Feb 19, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Andrew A:
Are the only real differences between pro and pro plus the file uploads and the infinite retention of completed tasks?
Yes.

See http://www.toodledo.com/pro.php
Andrew A

Posted: Feb 20, 2012
Thanks Purveyor, yeah, I looked at that list, but I had some thinking that it was not complete or exhaustive (like I was missing something).
PeterW 

Posted: Feb 20, 2012
When I renewed late last year I dropped back from Pro-plus to Pro because the attachment feature wasn't something I really needed, and I figured that the features (or at least the minor enhancement requests) that I'd been wanting and asking for were probably never going to eventuate. So it wasn't worth paying additional money.

I switched over to Appigo Todo Online last week to try it out.
Andrew A

Posted: Feb 21, 2012
Thanks for the tip... really attached to Toodledo (I love the flexibility)... but always willing to poke my nose in elsewhere. (I poked into that one, but not really for me).

Yeah, would be happy to go back up to the higher tier for some tighter integration with Evernote or Google Docs...
PeterW 

Posted: Feb 21, 2012
Posted by Andrew A:
... but always willing to poke my nose in elsewhere. (I poked into that one, but not really for me).

I took a test drive when Todo Online was first launched but the web interface didn't really work for me - it tried to replicate the iOS screen look & feel but was quite clunky in a regular browser.

Thankfully they've updated since then so the interface is now good. At first glance it looks simple but that's just clever UI design. Toodledo is more old school where just about everything is visible & obvious.
ukz_

Posted: Feb 23, 2012
I've given todo online a thorough "going over" in the last few days.

I quite liked it in principal and it worked well with the iOS apps.

I particularly liked the static TAG list, sorted alphabetically rather than the more dynamic Toodledoo tag list as this enabled me to have my presets ready to go. Tags were also far easier to find when applying to a task also.

However, it fell down in a few key areas for me :

Namely, no community forum (Twitter and Facebook contact only I think), a number of broken links on the website.

..and worst of all no way to export/backup data by way of disaster recovery. There was an option to print but I couldn't get it to work.

For these reasons I just felt a little too nervous to trust the system to "have my back" all the time.
PeterW 

Posted: Feb 23, 2012
@ukz_,

Yes, I think the interface works well. I like having the folders on the side and ability to filter easily by tags and contexts at the top.

I agree that not having a community is a let-down. They used to run a user community via Google Groups but closed it late last year - not sure why. Facebook is a bit one-way (you can respond but can start a conversation) but I've found that their support team answers emails quickly. For GTD discussions, the official DavidCo forums are good and you can still post here too.

Lack of export/backup is a good point. I will ask them about that. I guess you can always switch your mobile sync to Toodledo occasionally and keep a backup here. I'm using Todo on iPhone, Mac and online so my data is already in three places so I feel safe.

Having a proper inbox, better project handling and manual sort is brilliant.
ukz_

Posted: Feb 24, 2012
@peterw

I did think about the backup option you mentioned but I am pretty sure that the app said that device data gets wiped when you change sync source so that wasn't an option.

Csv import/export is the answer really anyway.

[checklists were also a simple yet fantastic feature that I didn't mention]
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.