Unread posts

Announcement

Forums > Questions

hiding tasks temporary

AuthorMessage
bernd.salewski

Posted: Apr 20, 2008
Score: 0

It would be nice to hide tasks temporary until a specific date. Sometimes I just have to wait for some event in order to complete a task. Its a bit like "waiting mode" from GTD. Until I can work on the task it shouldnt clutter my Lists, since I am not able to work on it.

Is this possible with Toodledo right now and I just dont see it?
Jake

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Apr 20, 2008

If you check out the help section on due-dates you can read about "advanced due-date modifiers". Essentially, you put an = in front of the due-date like so: ">Apr 25, 2008" and this tells Toodledo that this task can only be completed after this date.

Hope that helps
bernd.salewski

Posted: Apr 21, 2008

Yes, thats exactly what I was looking for. But it doesnt work properly here. I have tasks which get say a due date like "=29/04/2008" and they will show up in my task list "All tasks". Also in the Folder View. Altough I chose "dont show future tasks" in the filter settings.

What am I doing wrong here?
Jake

Toodledo Admin

Tasks that are due in the next week will show up in the views (other than than hotlist) to remind you that they are due soon. This will be a user preference in a future update, if you don't want to get the 1 week reminders.
bernd.salewski

Thanks. that helps my confused mind.
Daisy

Posted: Apr 23, 2008

I am glad to hear that this is a feature update. But I love the emails. It would be great if the filter feature was more customizable. I am using it the same way or close to the way bernd. I would also like to add it would be neat if new tasks could be hidden until the last item your old todo list is completed.
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Questions