ForumsQuestionsSet Negative Priority via email?

Set Negative Priority via email?
dave.jordan

Posted: Feb 29, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hi all,

I know you can set a Priority level of 1 through 5 when emailing a task into TD by using a ! symbol, so !!! for 3 or !!!!! for 5.

Does anyone know a syntax that will set the Priority to Negative (-1) when emailing a task? I often collect by emailing myself from my phone and try to aggressively collect stuff to my Someday/Maybe category (which I use -1 Priority to represent). I can often identify these items right at the point of collection - if I could include this syntax in the email submission then I could save myself an extra couple steps and clicks later on.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows how to do this!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 29, 2012
Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but it is on our to-do list. However, we can't comment on a timeframe for implementation.

Thanks
daniel_h

Posted: Mar 01, 2012
you could set your default "new task" priority to be "-1 negative." then each task emailed would be negative priority automatically, unless you added exclamation points to the subject line. of course, this means you would have to change every new task to have a positive priority if needed. it would be a choice for you as to which you do more often: add negative priority or positive priority tasks.
Lane_3

Posted: May 05, 2012
Regarding Daniel's solution, if one sets the new task default priority to negative and then, for example, uses "!" in the subject line, it sets the priority to "1 Medium." So within Daniel's approach, I don't see a way of creating Priority 0 tasks---just -1/1/2/3. Am I missing something, or is there a workaround, or does someone see an approach that puts all of (-1/0/1/2/3) into play for emailed tasks?

This message was edited May 05, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 05, 2012
Currently, it is not possible. You can do 1,2,3 and either -1 or 0 depending on your default settings. We are looking into this.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.