ForumsQuestionsOpenID login fails

OpenID login fails
SES21

Posted: Mar 03, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I normally use my OpenID to login to Toodledo & only resort to my email login when I absolutely can't use OpenID (very few places). Today when I needed to login on this browser (FF 10.0.2), it consistently gets what lloks to be a redirect error. It may have been a change at MyOpenID.com that caused it but, in any event, I can no longer login via OpenID. Please fix it.

While I'm at it, are there any plans to update beyond OpenID 1.1 support? I saw an old post that it was planned but nothing has changed since then...

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 05, 2012
OpenID has not been very popular. There are only a few dozen people using it with Toodledo, so we have decided to not expend effort on upgrading it at this time. If its popularity picks up, we will adjust our priorities.
SES21

Thanks for the prompt reply & I can understand your not making upgrading it a priority. I would appreciate it, though, if you'd at least fix what you already have that is no longer working on FF 3.6.27 or 10.0.2! Since I use the "stay logged in" option, I'm not sure exactly when it quit working but I get a "bad redirect" error. If you need a screenshot or something, just let me know. Also, if you'd prefer I open a support ticket to get it fixed, let me know that, too.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, please open a support ticket.
SES21

Posted: Mar 09, 2012
Never mind! I determined that Chrome/Chromium & IE all logged in OK with OpenID so it had to be Firefox-specific. The HTTPS Everywhere extension 2.0.1 update broke MyOpenID login. All I had to do to get it working was disable that rule in the extension & it now works again...just in case anyone else runs into the problem. I've reported the issue to EFF/Tor. Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.