ForumsQuestionsHow to Cancel A Task That is Repeating?

How to Cancel A Task That is Repeating?
tariqbamadhaj

Posted: Mar 20, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I have been using Toodledo for a while now am loving it.

I have a question about canceling repeating tasks. How do I go about canceling/deleting just one task that is being repeated?

For example, I have a task that is due weekly to clean the aquarium. If I didn't do it this week, I would like to cancel or delete the task but still have it repeated for next week.

Is this possible? If not, how would you recommend it?

This message was edited Mar 20, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 20, 2012
You can just check off the task and it will go to next week. If you don't want a false record of the completed task in your history, you can edit the due-date and change it to next week. It only takes two clicks.
cj

Posted: Mar 21, 2012
I do the same thing... but the "it only takes 2 clicks" shows a bit of a lack of understanding the real user experience. There are lots of times where I need to change many dates in a row (due to the repeating issue the OP wrote, or for other reasons) - changing dates that I cannot do using the search/multi edit ... (dates may be different) - those TWO clicks end up being pretty time consuming. If those two clicks did not require us to FIND the proper links in the dropdown box that is in a DIFFERENT position for EVERY task in a list, then it might be tolerable.

As prior posts have requested - keyboard shortcuts for changing the dates (or at least shortcuts that don't require clicking an elusive dropdown box) would be a better option.

I know ... you can't comment, confirm or deny features on your roadmap.
Salgud

Posted: Mar 21, 2012
Actually, they virtually always confirm when something is on their roadmap, they just don't give dates. And they don't make a hollow promise to move each request higher up the list. Disappointing, I know.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.