ForumsQuestionsSame tasks every day for each client

Same tasks every day for each client
Jean

Posted: Feb 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'm struggling with how to use folders, contexts, tasks and subtasks to manage my daily workflow.

Every day, I have to complete a set of tasks for each of my clients. These tasks are the same every day. There are also weekly tasks and monthly tasks for each client, which are also static in nature.

I've created a folder for each client, and assigned their tasks to their folder.

If I collapse the subtasks, I forget which tasks are still undone for each client, as I often bop back and forth among the clients' tasks. If I flatten the subtasks, I get overwhelmed by a huge list of tasks that fills two pages of the screen!

I sure would love if Toodledo would automatically refresh the screen when I complete a task so that it disappears!

Any suggestions on how to manage all of these things?

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 18, 2009
We are thinking about adding an auto-refresh option in a future update.
Bill H

Posted: Feb 21, 2009
Along those lines, I have lists that I use monthly. Is there any chance that you could allow "templates" for certain lists in a future release?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 22, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
Alan

Posted: Feb 25, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
We are thinking about adding an auto-refresh option in a future update.

I totally support this! Although - I like the option of the newly added tasks showing up at the top of the existing screen.

One additional suggestion may be to add the link to display the newly added task on its own with a link if the user wants. This allows you to do additional editing or ensure that the new task has the correct attributes, without having to do a search for it.

If nothing else, a "REFRESH" link would be great!
DavidSzp

Posted: Feb 26, 2009
Clicking the "To-Do List" link in the menu at the left refreshes the view including the task counts for each tab. Clicking the tab name refreshes that page but doesn't update the task count. I'm not sure if an explicit Refresh or auto-refresh would be all that much more useful, but it's an interesting thought.
saskia.x

Posted: Feb 27, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I don't see how a refresh link would be any use, since it wouldn't be any different to using the browser refresh button. If you want an even easier way to refresh, try the browser keyboard shortcut (in firefox it's F5 or Ctrl+R).

I can't decide if I'd want auto-refresh or not. I like the fact that the tasks I've checked off or just added are still displayed on the screen until I want them to go away (makes it easier to edit if I've changed my mind or made a mistake, and acts as a reminder of what I've just done), although sometimes it would be good not to have to press "refresh". Maybe we could have an auto-refresh option in the settings, where we say how long we want Toodledo to wait before auto-refreshing (and the option to turn off auto-refresh altogether if we don't want it).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.