ForumsQuestionsiCal sync with Google

iCal sync with Google
zcaptain

Posted: Feb 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I have my Google apps calendars syncing to Toodledo using the iCal Google link. All new and deleted tasks sync perfectly to Toodledo. But any tasks that are changed in Toodledo don't sync. New and deleted tasks sync, but changes to a task, such as the description or due date, don't sync. Is this a known bug? Anybody else have this problem? Anything I can do to sync changed tasks?

This message was edited Feb 16, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 18, 2009
This is a bug with Google. We send Google the updates, but they won't display them for some reason, which we have so far been unable to determine.
zcaptain

Posted: Feb 18, 2009
Thanks for the update. At least now I can stop troubleshooting. Are there any workarounds?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 19, 2009
The workaround is to use our Google Calendar Gadget instead of the iCal subscription.
Master Julio

Posted: Feb 20, 2009
I too have this issue.. I sync my Tooledo Google Calendar with my iPhone Calendar, so I can have all the items in one place. If I switch to the Gadget, can I do this still??
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 22, 2009
If you switch to the gadget, then Google calendar will not sync Toodledo tasks to your iPhone calendar.
mStudios

Posted: Feb 25, 2009
I've tried (today) all 3 approaches (please correct if I am wrong):

iCal subscription to iCal => gives events and tasks as a 1-way sync
iCal subscription to Google => gives events and tasks as a 1-way sync
ToodleDo gadget in Google => gives an iFrame type interaction sync with ToodleDo (but tasks I entered here do not show in Google calendar).

My question: is there ANY way I can get a 2-way sync going from either Google or iCal?

Sometimes I interact in iCal, sometimes on the web... now it always seems I have 2 ends but can't put them together.

Thanks for any enlightenment.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 26, 2009
The iCal format is by design a 1-way sync, so there is no way to get changes made in iCal or Google Calendar to get back to Toodledo.
mStudios

Posted: Feb 27, 2009
thanks for the info!

out of curiosity, how does then Culturecode and Things get todo's in and out of iCal?

also, I have a utility, called TimeLog and it's entry are events in iCal and I can modify in either and the changes will reflect on the other end.

are you thinking of having at some point something similar? (it seems Toodledo integrates so nicely with other apps, like Firefox or on the iPhone, thus it would be nice to see something go in that direction too).

thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 02, 2009
The difference between all those apps and Toodledo is that those apps run on your computer, so they have access to your iCal database directly, whereas Toodledo.com is a website that runs inside a web browser and doesn't have access to your computer's files.
mStudios

Posted: Mar 03, 2009
got it. that makes absolutely sense. thanks!!
mStudios

Posted: Mar 18, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
The iCal format is by design a 1-way sync, so there is no way to get changes made in iCal or Google Calendar to get back to Toodledo.

this is true for the older iCal format but not the newer one - under Leopard on OSX the iCal format does allow 2-way sync.

Any possibility that Toodledo will use this and allow 2-way sync?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 19, 2009
We'll look into it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.