ForumsQuestionsproblem whit emoji chars in the name of the tasks

problem whit emoji chars in the name of the tasks
Xxx_2

Posted: Apr 07, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
After using for a long time the Toodledo iPhone application, I decided to enter emoji characters at the beginning of the names of some tasks. To my surprise, after the sync occurs, the entire text (name of the task) has disappeared, giving way to an empty field ... So, I was afraid to continue using emoji characters in the names of tasks and lose information again ... I wonder if these characters are allowed in Toodledo and run the risk of losing information and continue to insist on its use... This is a bug or a normal behavior (emoji is prohibited)? Thank you very much!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 07, 2012
Emoji in tasks will not work at this time. We are looking into supporting this in the future.
Xxx_2

Posted: Apr 08, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
Emoji in tasks will not work at this time. We are looking into supporting this in the future.

OK, thanks for the info ... there are other type of characters, named "glyps", such as those offered by applications like "Glyphboard".. There aren't "emoji" ... there are simple symbols, B&W, not colored .. are supported by Toodledo?

Another question: I tested some "glyps" and they worked, even some of "emoji" work, other not... the fact that these work means that I can use them (these in particular) without problems? Or do you advise not to use them?

Finally, I suggest yours to add documentation on which characters are accepted in Toodledo tasks. Thank you!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 08, 2012
If you test them and they work, then they are safe to use. There are some emoji that don't work, but we have not investigated why yet. We plan to investigate and correct the issue when we can.
ineosmith

Posted: May 17, 2012
Same thing happened with the iCal app on iPhone for a couple of months, but it's working again. In previous iOS versions, I was able to sync emoji icons across Toodledo server without issue.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.