ForumsQuestionsDefault location of new task

Default location of new task
Proximo

Posted: Feb 18, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I noticed a problem with adding task in toodledo. When I set the default location of new task, I can pick a folder of my choice. I created a folder called "Inbox" because it reflects GTD better than "No Folder" and I simply prefer it this way.

Things work great when adding new task inside of Toodledo, but when I email or use SMS via. Twitter. My new task are dumped into the "No Folder" area.

Is there a way that any task added, regardless of the method, would follow the rule set in the settings?

Thanks

-Proximo
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 18, 2009
Sorry, we've really gotten behind. So busy. We intend to make the defaults work for all methods of adding a task, but right now it only works when adding tasks on our main webpage.
Proximo

Posted: Feb 19, 2009
Thanks for the update. I understand there is always allot to do and you can't focus on all of it at once.

We always appreciate what you guys at Toodledo do for us.

Thanks
johnwin

Posted: Feb 27, 2009
Posted by Proximo:
Thanks for the update. I understand there is always allot to do and you can't focus on all of it at once.

We always appreciate what you guys at Toodledo do for us.

Thanks

Just to second Proximo - I understand time pressures but would love to see the Inbox metaphor for tasks I email in. It can be cumbersome to track them down on the maim to do list page. Knowing that the will all land in Inbox would be great (a hangover from using RTM I guess!)
jeff

Posted: Apr 15, 2009
I'll third this request to apply the default folder to all forms of task input, not just the webpage. This could force me to find another online list manager if I can't get my external entries to show up in the inbox. Via email, at least I can specify that it's to go into the inbox, but via jott links, I am limited by the software implementing the link.

Thanks,
jeff
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 16, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion. We recommend that people use the "No Folder" folder as their inbox, but we do have plans to make it work for all the external inputs as a user option.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Apr 16, 2009
It would be nice to have defaults that worked from anywhere, but I agree with TD -- using No Folder is just as easy as using Inbox. It's no real sweat off my back.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.