ForumsQuestionsView on Ipad

View on Ipad
kcbrown

Posted: Apr 12, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Is it possible to view subtasks indented under parent tasks on iPad/ iPhone?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 12, 2012
Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but it is on our to-do list. However, we can't comment on a timeframe for implementation.

Thanks
carl.public

Posted: Apr 26, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
I have just started using Todledo today having tried many other to-do lists and note systems such as Evernote, Microsoft One note etc.

So far so good, really easy to use and feature rich. Looks like a fantastic application so far...

I saw you needed a pro-account for sub-tasks so have enabled the trial to access this functionality, again really well implemented and a very useful feature.

Imagine my surprise then when I purchase the iPad application and see sub-tasks are done completely differently. I have no idea why you cannot indent them under the parent - guys this is essential functionality.

I have been looking through the forum and notice that this has been on the to-do list for over 3 years with no update yet.

You have a great application here, fixing this small issue will make it a definite buy for me (and reading the comments for many others), without this I cannot see it being useful since it is too hard to manage the sub-tasks on my iPAD. Using this on the iPAD was the reason I bought it!

Can you please provide an update and a date - hard to imagine how this has taken 3 years.

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 26, 2012
It is more difficult on iOS to have indented lists because the built in tools do not support it easily. This is still on our to-do list, but I don't have an ETA. Sorry.
David Longstaff

Posted: Apr 29, 2012
Yes for me it's almost a deal breaker. I've been a paid user for a couple of years now and had gone over to OmniFocus for a while, but with my main pc being windows, I prefer Toodledo.

However, the subtasks in iPad/iPhone is very poor - although I note the comments above about iOS.

"ToDo" another app that syncs with the Toodledo service is better but I'd prefer the native.

Please make it a higher priority :(
MW_1339342436

Posted: Jun 10, 2012
Come on guys, subtasks are critical functionality and why many users use Toodledo. Certainly there must be a workaround to the iOS issues. Shade the subtasks or put a different color bar next to them or something, but they need to be able to be placed directly under the primary task. Heck, just insert a ">" in front of the sub task names. Otherwise I will begin the hunt for a new app...soon.

This message was edited Jun 10, 2012.
Fredster

Posted: Jun 23, 2012
Score: 2 Reference
I agree with MW_1339342436, a simple ">" would suffice.
psurajb_1310545826

Posted: Aug 12, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
MW_1339342436 and Fred Sahakian are Right, one symbol or space would be fine too. I cant believe a code developer would say its difficult. As a software engineer myself nothing is impossible in code. I am also very dissapointed there is no indentation despite paying for pro and for the app.
ymcdonald

Posted: Aug 27, 2012
I totally agree, this is a very needed functionality for me to be able to see the subtasks idented under the parent task on my iPhone.

I was so surprised when i bought the app to see them as separate tasks.

Thanks for pushing this as a top priority.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.