ForumsQuestionsTemplate Functionally

Template Functionally
jonathanl_1311071627

Posted: Apr 16, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Is anybody interested in having template type functionally added to the system. The ability to create a template for a "holiday" for example where I can list all the steps. Then have the option of realising this template with a when do you want to start this?

It would be really useful for me 2% of the time, as for example when I go on holiday I'd like a step to check I turned of my "wifi", check cooker is off. I didn't do some of the steps on my last holiday, but I did make sure the cooker was off.

It would personally save a lot of hassle.
cabbage

It's already possible. I have a Template context (folder would work too). In there is a "Going on holiday" checklist and a "back from holiday" checklist. All the items are subtasks. Whenever I need one I copy the parent task and voila, an instant working copy.
jonathanl_1311071627

Cabbage you are a Genius
cabbage

Glad you like it!
jonathanl_1311071627

The only issue I think I've got is: is there a way of making this template invisible in my main toodledo list? Or would you recommend just marking it with "- Template"?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
To make it invisible, you could give it a negative priority and then use the priority filter.
jonathanl_1311071627

Hi Admin, I tried that and lost the task so I turned off filters to get it back and reset the priority. But how do I turn the filters back on again for the view by: Folder?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The filters can be turned on/off by clicking on the "Show" button in the blue toolbar.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.