ForumsQuestionsiOS app Location Alert/Sorting Frustration

iOS app Location Alert/Sorting Frustration
ed1chandler

Posted: May 03, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hey, all,

Don't know if this behavior is "as designed" or just my not knowing how to do it right, but here's my frustration:

In the iOS app, I have my task lists sorted by Star, then by Due Date (ascending). The specifics don't really matter, but suffice it to say that I have set my PREFERRED sort order.

If I turn on location-based alerts, get an alert, and tap on it, the app opens to a list of tasks sorted by distance from my current location (ascending).

That's great except that the distance-based sort order PERSISTS. So the next time I open the app, all of my lists are sorted that way and I have to go back and re-sort them to my PREFERRED order.

This is so frustrating that it makes the location-based alerts more of a pain than they're worth. Sure I can know when I'm close to a location that has tasks, but I can only find out WHICH tasks at the cost of having to re-sort all of my lists again. :-(

What would be GREAT would be if the app were smart enough to present the distance-based task list when responding to an alert but still RETAIN the user's desired "default" sort order.

Is that something that's possible and I'm just missing it or do I need to make that a "feature request"?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 03, 2012
We will look into this. Thanks for pointing this out.
ed1chandler

Posted: Oct 26, 2012
Any progress on this?

I know the first rule of the roadmap is that you do not talk about the roadmap. I just want to keep this on your radar since it cripples distance based alerts ... at least for me.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.