Announcement

Forums > Questions

iOS app Location Alert/Sorting Frustration

AuthorMessage
ed1chandler

Posted: May 03, 2012
Score: 0

Hey, all,

Don't know if this behavior is "as designed" or just my not knowing how to do it right, but here's my frustration:

In the iOS app, I have my task lists sorted by Star, then by Due Date (ascending). The specifics don't really matter, but suffice it to say that I have set my PREFERRED sort order.

If I turn on location-based alerts, get an alert, and tap on it, the app opens to a list of tasks sorted by distance from my current location (ascending).

That's great except that the distance-based sort order PERSISTS. So the next time I open the app, all of my lists are sorted that way and I have to go back and re-sort them to my PREFERRED order.

This is so frustrating that it makes the location-based alerts more of a pain than they're worth. Sure I can know when I'm close to a location that has tasks, but I can only find out WHICH tasks at the cost of having to re-sort all of my lists again. :-(

What would be GREAT would be if the app were smart enough to present the distance-based task list when responding to an alert but still RETAIN the user's desired "default" sort order.

Is that something that's possible and I'm just missing it or do I need to make that a "feature request"?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Admin
Posted: May 03, 2012

We will look into this. Thanks for pointing this out.
ed1chandler

Posted: Oct 26, 2012

Any progress on this?

I know the first rule of the roadmap is that you do not talk about the roadmap. I just want to keep this on your radar since it cripples distance based alerts ... at least for me.
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Questions