ForumsQuestionsPossible improvements and new features

Possible improvements and new features
Greg Couves

Posted: Jan 03, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
Could we have the Priority field go from -1 to 9 or 10 instead of just -1 to 3? I could use a little more precision in the priority rankings.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 03, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
DSM_2

Posted: Jan 04, 2013
Posted by Purveyor:
What else?

Better integration with Siri? You can already set things up with Siri such that you can ask Siri to add a reminder to your Toodledo list. Now you need to have:

* No duplication without sync.
* Be able to ask Siri "What reminders do I have for tomorrow?"
* Be able to tell Siri "Cancel that reminder"
Greg Couves

Posted: Jan 07, 2013
Posted by Jake:
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks

Thanks Jake, looking forward to it!
c5000nc

Posted: Mar 06, 2013
It would be great to have a half dozen more choices of columns THAT WE COULD NAME with our choice of them having
- customizable drop down menus like Location, Folders, Goals and Context have
- remembered entries like Tags has
- timed entries like Length has
- no pre-fills like Tasks has

This would allow us to slice, dice and sort our To Do's in ways that are unique to us, more like Excel allows us to do now.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 06, 2013
We are working on this.
eyv

Posted: Jun 12, 2013
I have a couple of suggestions/feature requests of my own. To me these would certainly be worth upgrading to another tier (from Pro to Pro Plus), but (in addition) I would also be willing to put up "bounties" for these.

1. Smart(er) alarms for both iOS and the website. A task with an alarm but no due time makes no sense. Alarms currently have a default option, but there's no way to conditionally set them, e.g. default 1 minute *if the task has a due time*, otherwise no alarm at all. It's a huge pain to manage alarms manually when creating tasks, no matter what the default setting is.

2. Attachments in the iOS app. I would love to snap a photo of something and attach it to a task without ever leaving the Toodledo app. This only makes sense on mobile devices - I don't generally take photos using my computer. :)

Thanks,
Eugene
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 12, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.

Thanks
gopaulson

Posted: Jun 19, 2013
Saved Views

Many of the features in the Android App Ultimate To-Do would be great additions to ToodleDo, without them I might have moved on to another program but Saved Views is one I would like to see implemented on the web.

How I sort, filter, & view one folder is completely different than another.
When I am doing my weekly review I need a whole other sort & filter. Completely un-doable on the web without loosing my setup for general use.
jeremiah.moss

Posted: Jun 22, 2013
Here are my thoughts (specific to the website):

-Be able to remove goals, locations, etc from the left pane instead of opening a new one.

Right now, you can add a new folder without going to a new page, but you can't remove an existing one.

-This is going to sound controversial: Merge locations and contexts. In all honesty, they're very slight variations of the same thing. Sometimes I scratch my head saying, "should this be a context or a location?" and sometimes I wonder "Okay, did I add the task I'm looking for to the location or the context?"

Ultimately, I've dropped the use of contexts and just used locations.

-(for phones) Add the ability to tasks to warn you when leaving an area instead of just when you're entering an area. This is useful if you want to leave yourself a reminder not to forget something. For now, I have to use iOS's built-in reminders app for these things.

-Add Multi-edit to all views. Just do it.

"How I sort, filter, & view one folder is completely different than another."

This is actually an excellent point. In fact, I think that "all lists are equal" is a bit of a weakness of Toodledo. Fact is, not all of my lists are equal: My shopping list is not the same as the project list I use at work, and they are not the same as the wish list I keep.

In fact, I'd actually much prefer that certain things (locations and goals especially) be tied to an individual list ("folder" in Toodledo, I guess) rather than to individual items. Toodledo is *very* granular, and as a result adding a single item takes a lot of time, as I have to set a lot of fields to make it work.

In addition, I think "fields used" should be per-folder, and not universal. My shopping list certainly does not need timer, due date, due time, etc. Yet, because another list does require them, I have to make them available everywhere.

The new "outlines" feature is really highlighting this fact. Not all lists need all of the fields.

-Some ability to edit the "Status" menu to better accommodate people who work slightly differently than GTD.

OR, alternatively, make it more active: If something is delegated, it should appear on the other person's list, not mine. If something is postponed, allow me to set a date/time when it should surface again. If something is cancelled, take it off the list.

One thing that I've noticed about business-level task management systems is that the status is not just a passive field - it has meaning, and the system will react differently to different statuses and respond to status changes. It would be nice to see some of that.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 23, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 09, 2013
Have you looked at our new Outline section for sub-subtasks and checklists?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 10, 2013
We forgive you for cheating on us.

There is a button in the top right corner of the outline to copy it so you don't have to recreate the checklist each time. You can also use the button in the blue toolbar to uncheck all items so you can start over.
ElenaSSF

Posted: Jul 16, 2013
Better use of subtasks. A smallish project, be it a one time or a repeatable project can reasonably be listed as task and subtasks. But I would need the ability to have each complete d subtask flag the next subtask as status active, whilst the remaining subtasks stayed in status hold to really make this work.

Add in one more layer of subtasks, with the same forward cascade property and I wouldn't really need project management software for my solo projects.

Probably a better link between outlines and tasks would do the same job. Set up an outline, allow some connecting controls, and have the outline generate the next task(s) rather than storing all in the task list.
Jason Bushell

Posted: Jul 22, 2013
One thing that might be useful is a list of things to trigger when a task is completed or is due.

So for example, if I mark a task as "waiting", and I give it a due date of friday, I don't want to see it until friday, when it becomes "active".

Likewise, an "active" task that repeats weekly, when completed today could be changed to "waiting", and will only be changed to "active" when that day arrives.

I use statuses a lot to split my TD list into things I can do next, things I can do later, and things I am waiting on.

Some additional functionality around that would be awesome.

Shame I dont live in the US, because I would definitely apply for a job at TD if I did. :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder

Thanks
brooks-williams

Indented subtasks in iOS would be wonderful. Sometimes, I can't tell which subtask goes with which parent task without tapping to get the detail.
Greg Couves

Posted: Dec 02, 2013
Bumping this topic:

Could we have the Priority field go from -1 to 9 or 10 instead of just -1 to 3? I could use a little more precision in the priority rankings.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.