ForumsQuestionsSearching for completed non-repeating tasks

Searching for completed non-repeating tasks
M

Posted: May 18, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Back in 2009, someone asked how to create a search for completed NON-repeating tasks, when any repeating task that has been completed becomes a non-repeating task? I.e., how to exclude those-that-were-previously-repeating from the list?

I want to see my "accomplishments" in a recent time period -- but don't want to include repeating tasks, because many of them are daily and aren't really "done."

The response from Toodledo was that you'd figure out a solution.

Is there one, now?

Thanks
simon

Wouldn't a search do it? How about:

Repeat : is : None
And
Checked off : Yes

Which ought to find non repeating, completed tasks.
JPR

I wouldn't hold my breath that this is high on the Toodledo priority list. If it's important to you, I'd suggest you implement a workaround. You could add a unique character to the task description of repeating tasks (maybe ~ or ®) and then use that to filter out completed repeating tasks in a custom search. You could also use a unique tag. An easy way to find all your repeating tasks for editing is to search for "Repeat is not None".
Purveyor

simon, good suggestion but I think the issue is that repeating tasks are no longer repeating after they are completed and M wants to exclude those tasks.

I have a simple workaround: I tag my repeated tasks with "REPEAT" and then I can find them (or exclude them) after they have been completed. Simple but it would be unnecessary if Toodledo kept the fact that the task was repeating.

ETA: I see that JPR has a similar suggestion.

This message was edited May 18, 2012.
M

Yes, I can implement the workarounds -- just don't like it, as it means adding extraneous information to an already overloaded system and brain. Had hoped that TD's 2009 response meant that there MIGHT BE a way that the system could manage it for me.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There is not currently a way to search for completed tasks that were previously repeating. I would suggesting tagging all your repeating tasks with a symbol which you can search on.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.